X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scotland Itinerary--possible kilt nights for Scots locals?

As many may remember I am going to be going/coming to Scotland for a week of golfing, as well as some time visiting with xmarkers, at least in Glasgow for now. I wanted to post my itinerary here in case there were other scots who would be in the areas we will be staying who might want to get together for dinner or drinks on one of the nights we are near you. I am the only kiltie in my golfing foursome but am sure the others would join in a gathering of locals, just for the sheer fun of it.

I arrive in Glasgow Friday Aug 6 shortly before noon and already have transport from the airport by Alex, who will also be hanging out with me and walking Glasgow city center that afternoon before a kilt night currently being arranged by Paul (at least I hope we are still on , Paul?).

Saturday noon I meet my golfing buddies and we head out to Turnberry for overnight Aug 7 at Turnbery Westin Resort.

Sunday Aug 8 play Turnberry Ailsa then move up the coast to stay in Prestwick, Parkstone Hotel.

Monday Aug 9 play Royal Troon and remain overnite in Prestwick at the Parkstone Hotel.

Tuesday Aug 10 long drive to play Muirfield, then another long drive up to stay overnite in St Andrews at the Rusacks Hotel.

Wednesday Aug 11 drive up and play Carnoustie, then return to the Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews.

Thursday Aug 12 play St Andrews New Course, stay again at Rusacks in St Andrews.

Friday Aug 13 play St Andrews Old Course, stay again at Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews.

Saturday Aug 14 play Kingsbarns Golf Links, then return to stay again at Rusacks hotel in St Andrews.

Sunday Aug 15 drive to Edinburgh for flights home.

So if anyone in Turnberry is up for a few drinks Saturday evening Aug 7 we will be in the area and would welcome the company. Anyone in the Prestwick area who wants to look us up we will be there on the evenings of Sunday Aug 8 and Monday Aug 9. Then anyone in St Andrews who is interested could meet up with us any night between Tuesday Aug 10 and Saturday Aug 14.

It would be great to meet up with some of the xmarks kiltie locals in any one or more of those areas if it works out for you all. If not another time. I will be carrying my laptop and hopefully have at least intermittent internet access. I will also try to carry a local UK cell but not sure about that or the number until I get to Glasgow and set up the account.

Jeff

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly Jeff "your" part of Scotland is not "my" bit and I don't think that a meet up is going to be possible. Dammit! Post, if you can, your mobile number and you never know a distant local might give you a ring! Have a great time and I have no doubts that Alex and Paul will er well lead you astray!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be in Falkirk/Edinburgh from the 12th. The Tattoo and Fringe will also be in full swing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jock

I figured we would be far from your neck of the woods, but was unsure if others might be interested and available or not. Alex popped up unexpectedly with a previous post and his generous offer of a lift and company for Friday afternoon and evening.

Fun is expected to be had both on and off the golf course. I am excited about coming.

jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ForresterModern should be landing at Glasgow Airport shortly. His flight is delayed 25 minutes so I am passing the time surfing xmarks from airport. See you tonight Paul!
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all have a good time!
    I like the breeze between my knees

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well all, I am here in Glasgow and out on the town with Alex. His number is 07758 858080. Call if you get this before this evening and want to get together tonite as we had previously discussed.

jeff

aka Forrestermodern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope everythings going well and your afternoon with Alex is going well, Unfortunatly im working tonnight and even if I could pull a sickie Glasgow is a little far south for a quick jaunt as much as i would like to meet up with everyone.

Jordan
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae,
    But he kens fine where its goin'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, dang, dang....just found this thread....YOU PROMISED....I could come along and carry your luggage and caddy....

Guess I'll just have to content myself with another kilted jaunt through the mines and the hot springs of the San Juan Mountains while you're home in the olde country.

Do enjoy yourself and replace all divots.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Dang, dang, dang....just found this thread....YOU PROMISED....I could come along and carry your luggage and caddy....

Do enjoy yourself and replace all divots.
    Sorry Ron,

Caddies are part of our package deal already paid for. And as far as divots are concerned I think I will probably bring a few home with me, considering how much the whole trip costs, they will probably be the cheapest souvenirs.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast