X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seaforth Highlanders of Canada to receive new Regimental Colours

Hello, I invite all members of X Marks the Scot, especially those living in Vancouver, BC to attend the November Centenary Celebrations of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada on the 27th of November 2010.

The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, www.seaforth100.com, invite you and your family to celebrate 100 years of history as Vancouver’s Infantry Regiment on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre, 2555 Wesbrook Mall at the UBC Campus with a free centenary parade, official presentation of new Colours and band performances.

The centenary is a free, family friendly event with a regimental parade and Pipes and Drums band performances by The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Pipes and Drums and special guest performers from Holland, The Seaforth Highlanders of Holland, Memorial Pipes and Drums.

The ceremony will include an official presentation of new Colours (or ceremonial flags) to Vancouver’s Infantry Regiment by The Honourable Steven L. Point, OBC, Lieutenant Governor of B.C.

Date: Saturday, November 27, 2010
    Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Doors will open at 1:00 p.m.
    Cost: Free

Location: Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre, UBC Campus, 2555 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC

Parking: Plenty of parking available surrounding the venue in both lots and street metered spaces

About The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada:

Vancouver’s Infantry Regiment, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada - www.seaforth100.com - are celebrating their 100 year anniversary in 2010. Formed in 1910 by members of the local Scottish community, the Seaforths have served as volunteer soldiers, supporting Canada, in every major Canadian Forces overseas mission, including the two World Wars, as both peacekeepers and war fighters. This year will see Centenary festivities to mark and celebrate the tens of thousands of Vancouverites who have proudly served as Seaforths, both in harm’s way and in peacetime, over the past century.

Join us on Facebook: Seaforth100

Twitter: @Seaforth100

flickr: Seaforth100

Thanks very much, and if you have any questions please drop me line on this forum.

Best wishes,

Michael

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Seaforths sponsored Scotchtoberfest in the WO and Sergeant's mess last Saturday evening. Eight superb malts were tasted and I think not a one of them is available in British Columbia (but I'll leave another to comment on the accuracy of that sad fact). Pipes and drums were on hand, of course, and some excellent haggis tarts and other morsels of protein and carbohydrate to keep us in line.

I didn't take photos, but there was a camera or two and perhaps somebody will post a few pics here. I'll have to settle for the following as my early contribution to this thread:

The Seaforth 100 by Highland Park is a delicious dram, by the way.

Rex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robust appetizers indeed!

MacBean is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what were the superb malts that they offered? No fair bating us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sound like great events. But, living on the eastern side of the continent prevents me (at this time) from attending either event. :'(

Chris Shepherd

Vancouver on the Mighty Columbia. That's in Washington State USA for the geographically challanged.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HMMmmm
    CaptMac and I may very well give this consideration.
    Let's talk

Victoria
    Victoria

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

kiltedwolfman
    If there are a few on the island that want to go over perhaps we can arrange a carpool. I know I'm keen on going.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    So what were the superb malts that they offered? No fair bating us!
    Ardbeg Supernova; Highland Park 21 Year Old (single cask bottled to commemorate the Seaforth 100); Glen Grant 1958 51 Year Old; Littlemill 16 Year Old 57.3%; Dalmore Mackenzie Limited Edition Port Finished; Glen Scotia 17 Year Old; Brora 30 Year Old. I've completely forgotten the eighth. Somebody help!

MacBean is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleDown View Post
    Ardbeg Supernova; Highland Park 21 Year Old (single cask bottled to commemorate the Seaforth 100); Glen Grant 1958 51 Year Old; Littlemill 16 Year Old 57.3%; Dalmore Mackenzie Limited Edition Port Finished; Glen Scotia 17 Year Old; Brora 30 Year Old. I've completely forgotten the eighth. Somebody help!
    That sounds pretty special. I'd be happy just to sip one of those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    That sounds pretty special. I'd be happy just to sip one of those.
    Flash! Into my mind's eye comes a picture of a Glendronach 15 Year Old, the eighth we tasted and very, very fine. My personal favourite was the Brora 30. It was described as having a "gripping stranglehold of smoke, malt and peat." A superb whisky from sadly, a dismantled distillery. United Distillers closed it down and we were told the other night that the whisky community now recognises this was one of the greatest losses of the past 50 or maybe 100 years.

Obviously this one is becoming shorter in supply; the price must be well up there, I think.

Rex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast