X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Eyre, Loch Snizort, by Portree ~ Isle of Skye
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard it on the Grapevine...

...and I confess to not knowing any of the circumstances. Therefore, I apologise in advance for any perceived impertinence on my part, for none is intended.

I have heard it on the Grapevine (not from Paul, I hasten to add, nor have I discussed this with him)
    that Paul Henry has been banned from X Marks. I, for one, find this deeply disappointing. I have only been here for a few months, but Paul is one of the select voices I have grown very quickly to respect and enjoy. I look forward to his posts and I respect his views. I find him very dedicated to his craft and his artistry. If he has indeed been Banned, I have no doubt that I will not be the only person to miss his balanced, positive, knowledgeable, and always sensitive and gentlemanly contributions.

Speaking in general terms, might there be some scope for a review of a decision to Ban someone from X Marks? Is there an Appeal Procedure? Is a Ban always permanent, and if it is, what offense could possibly warrant what is essentially the equivalent of capital punishment?

Is there a place for forgiveness and reinstatement at X Marks?

With respect,
    Orionson
    "I seek not to follow in the footsteps of the men of old.
    I seek the things they sought." ~ Basho

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, we do not air dirty laundry in public or discuss issues like this on the open forum.

If anyone would like to review the process we use in cases like this you may visit our published "Policy on disciplinary proceedings and the resolution of disputes".

X Marks ceased banning its members over 5 years ago. Today a membership may be revoked only in accordance with the terms of this policy.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 9th August 13 at 12:40 PM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner