X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eileen Ivers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a5t2f7 View Post
    What a great post about a phenomenal evening! The chance to interact on such a personal level is such a rare treat in this day and time. Although she really doesn't need the external validation, it is still gratifying and validating for her coming from a fellow musician. Some years ago I had the privilege of playing a concert (symphony player) with Cherish the Ladies. I will never forget them standing backstage after the concert thanking each of us as we came off the stage for "getting it." I still am a huge fan of theirs and follow Joannie Madden's work with anticipation. I am thrilled for your opportunity!!!

PS - I play Klezmer clarinet on the side….
    Well, that makes two of us! I thought I was the only person in the world who plays klezmer in a kilt, but maybe not!

I also play pennywhistles and bodhran, though I'm terribly out of practice on the drum.
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]Order of the Kilted Lebowskis[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][I][SIZE="2"]Formerly Tasteful Aesthete[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it is somehow comforting (and perhaps slightly disturbing at the same time) to know that there is another of your species out there….. I thought I was wandering alone in the Klezmer/kilt desert, always looking for the perfect reed and the next great improv moment…..
    Doug
    Clan Ogilvie; AF&AM/Scottish Rite/York Rite/Shriner; Charleston Scottish Society; Brotherhood of the Isle of Skye; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a good time.

I looked her up on youtube...wow!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the review of the OP I drove 150 miles (round trip) and enjoyed her show tremendously last night . She was generous of spirit and heart and her musicianship excelled. I am grateful for the serendipity of the occasion. ( I was only looking for tartan info when I logged on)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12