X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going Regimental or not?

Having read most of the posts on this subject, I can tell you as someone who works in a Regimental office, when I wear my kilt all day, I always wear something beneath. This is for comfort and hygiene. We have two lady collegues who work in a very Scottish, predominantly male enviroment where kilt order is not un-common, and we don't ask them about their arrangements and they don't ask about ours.

The general rule for us when wearing uniform that involves kilts, is wear what ever is comfortable for you. There is only one exception for this and that is when we parade infront of Her Majesty or on a long parade when cameras of any variety are around! Long and hot marches involve either wearing something or the liberal use of vasseline to stop chaffing!

My recommendation would be to use your head, find out what the office rules are about inappropriate dress codes, but also check your companies genger policy; would a women be treated the same as you if she accidentally 'flashed a co-worker?

Of Course flashing isn't really the problem here. Learning how to wear a kilt when sitting, standing, crouching, kneeling, is all important. Wearing a kilt is a noble thing to do and shouldn't be made less so by flashing, accidentlly, on purpose, or even if asked too! Don't forget that if a co-worker tries to lift your kilt, that's sexual harrassment in the same way as if that was done to a women.

Happy kilt wearing to all.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thank goodness, some one with undoubted experience talking sense at last!
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 16th July 11 at 10:31 PM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Lon Scot Reg Secretary! Your words are words to live by. Couldn't have said it better and, a fine contribution to the forum on the subject as a whole. Makes very fine sense. I'm with Jock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wearing a kilt to work. Underwear or Not?

After reading all of the posts I am a bit shocked by all of the folks rockin' their kilts with anything other than proper footwear underneath.I have always felt that if you are brave enough to rock a manskirt in public, you should enjoy the added freedom. All this talk of having fellow employees sexually harass you at work is sickening. I have been wearing kilts since 2006 and have noticed that while traditional kilts require some thought whilst sitting and walking up and down stairs- UKs eliminate nearly all of those problems. Since I'm in the US Army the opportunity to wear anything other than a unisex camo smock rarely presents itself, however on special occasions when civilian attire is authorized- "pants" as the Island Folk call them, are never even considered. I say rock it like you gotta pair!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the wind blows the skirt up on a girl who just happens to be regimental the only thing to happen is a few whistles. If the wind blows a kilt up on a guy who is regimental he gets arrested for indecent exposure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I've worn my kilt in the office, I always wear underwear. My reasoning there is that one accident could lead to kilts being on the banned list, and no one wants that...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa!::dead::

CopperNGold is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not ask your wife or a female friend if you could spend the day with her, and have her describe every move she makes to properly wear a pleated skirt. There's more to it than you think, and it takes practice.

The decision is ultimately yours, but I agree that you have to go on the theory that you will be exposed at some time and be prepared for the consequences.

Whatever you decide, enjoy wearing the kilt!

Cheers, Jocelyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's my answer.

1. My kilts are wool and they aren't cheap. I wear compression shorts underneath them.

2. I fart a lot. I'm good at it. Everybody farts. Part of what gives farts their odor are bits of, well, poop which come out with the gas. Flatulence

3. If you're good with that on a nice kilt with no intervening barrier ........
    Last edited by The Monk; 20th October 11 at 02:33 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frankly can't believe that this thread is still going on. Enough already. Let the better part of wisdom prevail and close the thread.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast