X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wearing a kilt to work. Underwear or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    OK, here's my answer.

1. My kilts are wool and they aren't cheap. I wear compression shorts underneath them.

2. I fart a lot. I'm good at it. Everybody farts. Part of what gives farts their odor are bits of, well, poop which come out with the gas. Flatulence

3. If you're good with that on a nice kilt with no intervening barrier ........
    You gave me a right good bellyaching laugh Monk, but nevertheless what you said very directly is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wearing a kilt to work. Underwear or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyrobertson View Post
    I frankly can't believe that this thread is still going on. Enough already. Let the better part of wisdom prevail and close the thread.
    Why? Soon someone new will ask the same question. If this one is still going it will pop up in new posts and provide a wealth of answers iimediately to hand.

david30101 is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a old topic, but i stumbled across it.. Why the big fuss about climbing stairs when women do it every day wearing skirts that are shorter then our kilts? But yet when a guy decides to wear a kilt in the same situation, a big deal is made out of it???.. I always wear bikini briefs under mine all time. No I dont wear Kilts at work. Its all the time im not working i wear one. Why does everybody say "I got "offended" because I saw your underwear".. But yet if a women flashes accidentely its perfectly fine??.. It seems that a guy gets the short end of the stick in any situation that arises.

david30101 is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gael Ridire View Post
    If the wind blows the skirt up on a girl who just happens to be regimental the only thing to happen is a few whistles. If the wind blows a kilt up on a guy who is regimental he gets arrested for indecent exposure!
    Exactly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wear tartan briefs. (Search "plaid briefs".)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just lost minutes off of my life that I'll never get back, and points from my I.Q.
    You can wash a kilt. Believe it or not, they're not that fragile. If they were, pictures of Scots in WWI would be quite different. Sure they're expensive, but they will last. It's not complicated to sweep your pleats or be mindful of how you're sitting. If you're worried about oils from your skin on your kilt, you probably shouldn't wear it at all for fear of damaging it. I do know how tedious it is to hand wash one, but it's worth it. Yes, accidents do happen. How many times in your life have you not zipped up your trousers all the way before exiting the restroom? Did you get fired or harassed? If someone is looking up your kilt they are being childish, not you. As mentioned before, it's sexual harassment. If you got caught or made a comment about a ladies undergarments, or lack of, you'd definitely be fired and possible in legal trouble. In today's world it goes both ways.
    Point is- DO WHAT YOU WANT
    also- It's a kilt, they're usually not made out of tissue paper. Not even the cheapos
    Last edited by hkjrb623; 11th April 12 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The modern kilt was never designed for everyday workwear in the modern workplace, it may be ok wearing it occassionally as I have done at work but for day in and day out wear with the variety of tasks that can crop up then the kilt is a non-starter.
    It may be ok for a few days but even the most sedentary job requires activity and agility from time to time, tasks such as fixing things that go wrong, bringing in deliveries from vans, moving office equipment about, perhaps its not in the job description to do these tasks but we all have to muck in at times to keep the place running.
    The kilt is always best for leisure and social pursuits, here its the best form of dress for a man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To go regimental or not . . . .

Do you work as a member of a regiment?
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrobert View Post
    I would suggest that you ask yourself this question.. If I were female wearing a skirt,should I wear underwear?
    Let me put this part of it to rest: it is completely and totally a woman's personal choice what she wears under her skirt.
    Same should apply to a man in a kilt.

But, I offer this in addition; I have been praticing wearing a skirt for 45 years or so. I have yet to master it completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always regimental, but wear what you want.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast