X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I wore the kilt to accompany my daughter's grammar school class to a Chicago Shakes production of MacBeth, the principal took me aside and said, "Mr. Gronkowski...we're not going to have any...uh...problems with the kilt, are we?" And I said, "Mr. Willis, I could do a handstand right now and there wouldn't be any problems." So I always got that "covered"...if you get my drift. As Blind Faith once said, "Do What You Like".

Best

AA
    ANOTHER KILTED LEBOWSKI AND...HEY, CAREFUL, MAN, THERE'S A BEVERAGE HERE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    The modern kilt was never designed for everyday workwear in the modern workplace, it may be ok wearing it occassionally as I have done at work but for day in and day out wear with the variety of tasks that can crop up then the kilt is a non-starter.
    It may be ok for a few days but even the most sedentary job requires activity and agility from time to time, tasks such as fixing things that go wrong, bringing in deliveries from vans, moving office equipment about, perhaps its not in the job description to do these tasks but we all have to muck in at times to keep the place running.
    The kilt is always best for leisure and social pursuits, here its the best form of dress for a man
    I can respect that. I am the oposite. I wear my kilt at work on occasion in the summer when I teach on-the-road driver education, but I never wear a kilt teaching in the classroom. I would make it a point to wear kilts whenever activity and agility is required and reserve the sedentary jobs for pants.
    I am one of those people that would like to see kilts as every day workwear and dress kilts as common as suits. Kilts are functional and practical everyday clothing to me.

GTRMAN is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wearing kilts to work every day for about six years. I've never had a problem. Nobody will know if you don't wear undergarments as long as you exercise some basic common sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an old thread that I have peeked at several times without tossing in my two cents but seeing this thing remain alive is starting to scare me. I think the question and answer are both simple.
    Should you go to work without underwear on regardless of what you are wearing?
    No. A work place is not a bar or a highland games. It is a business.
    Common sense should prevaiil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdad1 View Post
    This is an old thread that I have peeked at several times without tossing in my two cents but seeing this thing remain alive is starting to scare me. I think the question and answer are both simple.
    Should you go to work without underwear on regardless of what you are wearing?
    No. A work place is not a bar or a highland games. It is a business.
    Common sense should prevaiil.
    ::dead::

I agree. This thread started back in 2010, and doing a bit of research, I saw that the OP hasn't posted on XMarks since June of last year. As a result, in order to help keep the site clean, I think it's time to lay this zombie thread to rest At this time, I thank everyone for their participation.

Thread closed.

JD
    For the XMTS Moderating Staff

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678