X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I am ready to be relieved, Sir."

Ladies and Gentlemen, my tour of duty as moderator is nearing its end. I have asked Steve to change my title bar to “Retired Moderator” effective January 1, 2011.

I have been a moderator here for a bit over two years, and during this entire time it has been a genuine pleasure serving this fine community. During my tenure the forum has grown remarkably in membership and in international prestige, most of the previous moderation staff has moved on and a new staff has stepped up, and Steve has taken the helm as the new owner of the site. Working with the mod staff through this time of transition has sometimes been stressful, occasionally been frustrating, but has always been amazingly gratifying. Every day I am impressed by the time and efforts exerted by the owner and the moderation staff on behalf of this community. The forum has been and continues to be in excellent hands, and I thank Hank, Steve, and all the former and present moderators for their devotion to the virtual family that has developed here. I am happy to count all of you fine folks among my friends.

To all of the members of XMTS, the lifeblood of this amazing forum, a sincere “Thank you.” Thank you for working with me, for overlooking my mistakes (well, most of them anyway), and for making this site the outstanding community that it is. I have always been, and hope to always be, proud to be a member of the X Marks the Scot family. I look forward to meeting many more of you in person in the years to come.

Respectfully,
    Bill
    Kilted Teacher and Wilderness Ranger and proud member of Clan Donald, USA
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.
    New home of Sierra Nevada AND New Belgium breweries!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mistakes? What mistakes? Thank you so much for your time spent here on our behalf. I would be delighted to buy you a wee dram if ever you are in this part of the world.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been on here very long, but I can tell that the moderation on here is superb! Everyone is respectful and diligent, and I appreciate that! Thanks mate! God bless!

Slainte,

Zach
    [-[COLOR="DimGray"]Floreat Majestas[/COLOR]-|-[COLOR="Red"]Semper Vigilans[/COLOR]-|-[COLOR="Navy"]Aut Pax Aut Bellum[/COLOR]-|-[I][B]Go mbeannai Dia duit[/B][/I]-]
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."[/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]- John Calvin[/B]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done TH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really need a gold watch emoticon. Thank you for all your hard work helping corral the sometimes squirrely rabble, making X-Marks the wonderful place it is.

Enjoy your digital retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the short time I've been here, I've been impressed with how this forum is handled.
    Thanks for you contribution Bill.
    Last edited by gary meakin; 22nd December 10 at 12:46 PM. Reason: edited for poor spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to your good work
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done lad!
    Enjoy your retirement!

Daft Wullie, ye do hae the brains o’ a beetle, an’ I’ll fight any scunner who says different!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, neighbor, for your time and work here. I hope you enjoy retirement.
    --dbh

When given a choice, most people will choose.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Bill (and the entire Mod team) for all your great service in helping make XMTS the truly wonderful place that it is!

Now, enjoy your retirement good sir!
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast