X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burns Night in Taos 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 22 at 6:00 PM, Taos will have another of its FREE Burns Night celebrations at the Michael McCormick Gallery. Pot luck( I'm doing scotch eggs, folks love them, and no one except us knows that they are not traditional), BYO. Expected attendance based upon previous years will be 60-80, plus you!.Last year we had 3 Pipers, this year we will have at least two.

Taos has a long Scottish heritage starting before Kit Carson, and Taos really embraces this free form, participatory celebration. Do not expect the high brow traditional, but do be prepared for fun and all of the Burns Night basics, done with a paper plate in one hand and a plastic cup in the other. Be prepared to stand.

If you even look like you know anything about Burns, you will be asked to participate, so come prepared with a couple of options. Also, this year artist Angus MacDonald will display his new painting, "The Burning of Invergarry". This painting depicts the burning of Invergarry Castle by Cumberland's forces after Culloden

The Michael McCormick Gallery is across from the Historic Taos Inn, 4 doors past the Plaza, on the main drag through town. http://www.mccormickgallery.com/contact.html
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking forward to Burns Night in Taos. Any reason to travel to Taos is good but particularly a Burns Night. As soon as I can as can make sure my calender is clear, I'll email you or reservations.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.[/COLOR]