X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48 45' 51.5808" N / -122 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on if your doing a "generic" impression or portraying a paticular regiment & date of impression.

Be sure to look thru the Vintage Kilt photo thread. I've posted a ton of WW1 era (& some WW2 era) jocks there!
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by seumasFinn View Post
    I have a pair you can have, Fox, postwar. And some white cotton twill tape should you decide you want that look. I heard once white blanco was used, but its kind of nasty and hard to find.

Can also probably arrange a real 37 pattern belt. And if you can get into size 13 BD, a real blouse. I have an Australian made one of darker green than most British examples but well done and generous for a 13.

Seems like you'd appreciate them. PM me if you want them. I may be away in the hills the next two days if you don't get a response, but i set the puttees aside.
    Last edited by greenfordranger; 15th January 11 at 07:01 PM. Reason: meant to be a personal message

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12