X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, however much $1.00 U.S. buys, thats what I'll be buying. For that, I could get you a bottle of Thunderbird, but I bet you would be the only one drinking it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i got it, my buddy's dad worked at the "old rouge slug plant". grew up in brightmoor, and warrendale. nice to see my neighbors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could make it. Unfortunately, the navy has moved me away from our great state of Michigan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slag101 View Post
    Is this inside or outside the DMZ? (Inside or outside the new borders of Detroit?)

No offense, but to me, this sounds like me hosting a kilt night in Camden. I would be willing to do it because I am deranged, but I wouldn't expect too many people to show up. All the same, best of luck. Maybe they are built braver in Detroit.
    EXCUSE ME!? Proudly kilted, proud veteran and Proudly living in the City of DETROIT! Sorry but it REALLY chaps me when people who no nothing of what they speak, bad mouth and disparage my city. If your intent was not to offend, I would suggest in the future that you not make these kinds of disparaging remarks about someone else's hometown.

I'm sorry--but DMZ!??? Really?

I'll be there, first round is on me lads.
    [I][B]Ad fontes[/B][/I]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this inside or outside the DMZ? (Inside or outside the new borders of Detroit?)

No offense, but to me, this sounds like me hosting a kilt night in Camden. I would be willing to do it because I am deranged, but I wouldn't expect too many people to show up. All the same, best of luck. Maybe they are built braver in Detroit.
    Okay Gents,
    Let's keep this on topic and no disparaging words. Thank you!

Remember, please;
    “We agree to conduct ourselves as the Ladies and Gentlemen of X Marks.” This site has always been a place where our members treat each other in a polite and respectful, open and honest manner at all times

Rule #4
    - Intolerance for our fellow human beings, of any kind, is inexcusable behavior in today’s world."

ern for the Forum Moderators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    oh i got it, my buddy's dad worked at the "old rouge slug plant". grew up in brightmoor, and warrendale. nice to see my neighbors.
    I worked at Dearborn Stamping, in the middle of the Rouge complex.. Alot of history there!
    [B]Paul Murray[/B]
    Kilted in Detroit! Now that's tough.... LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My uncle worked at the Rouge Plant for most of his life. He want there after working on a tug on the Detroit River.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitpete View Post
    EXCUSE ME!? Proudly kilted, proud veteran and Proudly living in the City of DETROIT! Sorry but it REALLY chaps me when people who no nothing of what they speak, bad mouth and disparage my city. If your intent was not to offend, I would suggest in the future that you not make these kinds of disparaging remarks about someone else's hometown.

I'm sorry--but DMZ!??? Really?

I'll be there, first round is on me lads.
    You know, I would have had more respect for you if you perhaps sent me a private message and we discussed this like men. Also, a nice touch was you complaining to the mods, before you even talked with me about this. Not a thing I stated was inaccurate, as it was reported in the media (not claiming the media to be accurate). If you take issue with what was said, send a note to CNN. Also, it is fact that every state has it's less than reputable cities. We have quite a few here, which I poked fun at as well. See my statement in regards to Camden.

Here is short list of the worst cities in NJ:
    Atlantic City
    Camden (in a yearly competition with Detroit to be #1 in murders. FACT!!!)
    East Orange
    Irvington
    Newark
    Orange
    Paterson
    Passaic
    South Orange

I would not be brave enough to host a kilt night in anyone of these towns. Hence my comment about them being "built braver" in Detroit, which was a compliment. The OP even has a tag line in his signature about having to be brave to wear a kilt in Detroit.

All I am really saying here is, READ TWICE BEFORE YOU POST ONCE!!!

I would have gladly had this discussion via PM, and I may have even apologized for your hard feelings, but since you deiced to air it publicly, and report a benign post to the mods, waisting my time and thee time, the only thing I am sorry for is you complete lack of a sense of humor, and you inability to act like a man, and speak to a person you have a problem with in a civilized manner. If you had done that, and it failed, then by all means go to the mods. At least try to talk to the person you feel slighted you before you cry fowl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

If you are mad at me, you should be even more mad at these people who made a mock Cleveland tourism video. There tag line is, "At least we're not Detroit."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

If you are mad at me, you should be even more mad at these people who made a mock Cleveland tourism video. There tag line is, "At least we're not Detroit."
    There's worse places in Ohio than Cleveland. I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in Youngstown..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast