As many other members have already expressed their disappointment at Jamie's decision to retire the XTMS Saltire airship before so many of us have had a chance to enjoy her visit, I echo the sentiments to have something take its place.

Since we should strive to learn from mistakes of the past, I'd like to humbly suggest some ways that any future endeavor of this nature may be successful.

1. The "traveler" regardless of its purveyance, should originate from the home of XMTS, which is, at the time of this writing, Steve at Freedom Kilts in B.C., Canada.

2a. Prior to embarking on its journey, I would strongly recommend having a set GOAL in mind... I.e. a checklist of places where the traveler should stop in order for its journey to succeed. Of course, the XMTS rabble should be able to request that their particular locale be added to the checklist...

2b. It would be really cool if this checklist were a part of the last page of the logbook, where members could have the pleasure of checking it off (or crossing it off) the list of places to visit.

2c. Since there are always new members joining XMTS, just because the traveler had already visited a given city/state/country, should NOT disqualify it from visiting again, and visiting other people in those areas... (It's just that you wouldn't be able to cross it off the list anymore)... The checklist would only be the indication of an ultimate GOAL -- not necessarily an itinerary to be followed.

3a. Upon completion, the original traveler could reside with Steve at his shop, but more importantly, take the logbook, which would undoubtedly contain MANY photos and handwritten comments, and take it to a publisher to get it made into a full-color, glossy paged reproduction coffee table book that all participating members could order at a price, to keep as a memento in their own homes.

3b. Likewise, whatever the nature of the "traveler," whether it be an airship or a Saltire flag, allow the XMTS members who participated to purchase a replica, just like the original that's residing in B.C., to accompany their coffee table book.

I would love to be a part of such a project! I think the significance of being able to have such a memento as a conversation piece in one's home cannot be understated, and it would undoubtedly be a treasured memory to all who chose to take part.

Feedback?