X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do those of us having Matt make our Kilts want to see if he would rather receive 1 large parcel straight from the Mill, or a bunch of individual parcels from each of us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artificer,

I'm changing my yardage from 4 yds to 6 yds.

I recalculated based on your figures and money has been sent.

Thanks for your efforts!

David
    Last edited by Calico; 29th June 11 at 03:17 PM.
    MEMBER: Kilted Cognoscenti

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarKinSlayer View Post
    Do those of us having Matt make our Kilts want to see if he would rather receive 1 large parcel straight from the Mill, or a bunch of individual parcels from each of us?
    Yes, absolutely. We can likely save on shipping that way too...

Since you're the one who brought it up, is it okay to ask you to contact Matt then and get a better picture?

JD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNSushi View Post
    Yes, absolutely. We can likely save on shipping that way too...

Since you're the one who brought it up, is it okay to ask you to contact Matt then and get a better picture?

JD
    Done!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm away from home right now, but have received a number of confirmed orders already, I'll send out specific messages in a day or so.

One thing I wanted to point out re:sending a LOT of yardage to one person is that, after a certain amount, we'll start to incur tariffs. I don't know off hand what that amount is though.

just a thought.

ith:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have followed this thread from the start just to envy you all on this great and rare tartan. I would have ordered a length my self, but I don't have the finances for it at this time.. buu huu.
    I have to write a post of warning now because I see that some of you are planning on making you first kilt with with this tartan. you MUST NOT try to do this without trying it out on a cheap TARTAN cloth once or twice before embarking on the real thing. As I understand, this is a one time run tartan, probably never to be made again. It would be a shame to make mistakes that can do irrevocable damage to the cloth.
    Good luck to you all.
    Skål!
    [U]Oddern[/U]
    Kilted Norwegian
    [URL="http://www.kilt.no"]www.kilt.no[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.tartan.no"]www.tartan.no[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.no/people/Oddern-Norse/100000438724036"]Facebook[/URL]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sensible advice Oddern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddern View Post
    I have followed this thread from the start just to envy you all on this great and rare tartan. I would have ordered a length my self, but I don't have the finances for it at this time.. buu huu.
    I have to write a post of warning now because I see that some of you are planning on making you first kilt with with this tartan. you MUST NOT try to do this without trying it out on a cheap TARTAN cloth once or twice before embarking on the real thing. As I understand, this is a one time run tartan, probably never to be made again. It would be a shame to make mistakes that can do irrevocable damage to the cloth.
    Good luck to you all.
    Skål!
    This is EXACTLY what I intend to do. I have some cheep plaid (AE definiton) fabric I paid a few bucks a yard for that was bought specifically with practice in mind. I don't think it was a tartan (with both horizontal and vertical the same) but was close enough for practice. And, it definitely was too light for me to wear out and about. Again, it is just for practice before I work with the good stuff ordered in this thread. I likely will put it togeather, try it on, rip it apart, put it togeather again.... a few times before I start with this evil pattern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer View Post
    I'm away from home right now, but have received a number of confirmed orders already, I'll send out specific messages in a day or so.

One thing I wanted to point out re:sending a LOT of yardage to one person is that, after a certain amount, we'll start to incur tariffs. I don't know off hand what that amount is though.

just a thought.

ith:
    And a very good thought it is. I heard back from Matt, and for simplicity I am copying his reply to this thread:

"It certainly makes sense to just have all the cloth shipped to me in one shipment. Dalgliesh knows my address, but just in case have it delivered to me c/o The Scottish Tartans Museum, 86 E Main St, Franklin, NC 28734.

Make sure that anyone having me make their kilt fills out my order form, if they have not done so already, so I'll know how much cloth to expect.
    http://newhousehighland.com/kilt_order_form.php"

TurboKittie is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddern View Post
    Good luck to you all.
    Skål!
    I planned on making at least two kilts, possibly more before attempting anything with this cloth. But your warning is well taken.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast