X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on coming, but some errors are preventing it. Maybe I'll have better luck next month.
    Last edited by kc8ufv; 26th February 11 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Change of plans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah! I've been off the forum for a while and I just saw this! I am subscribing to this sub forum so I should get emails in the future!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a good time. I need to post the picture I have. I will try to do that later tonight.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I could have made it...any local plans for St. Pat's Day this year? Let me know - I am in Middletown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A picture from Kilt Night in Columbus last Saturday. First stop was dinner at The Pub Polaris. Later we went over to the Tilted Kilt. The party broke up about 12:30am. Got back to Dayton at 2am.

Good time as always.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creagdhubh View Post
    Wish I could have made it...any local plans for St. Pat's Day this year? Let me know - I am in Middletown.
    Dayton's St Pats Kicks ***. The Dublin Pub is really good. Flannigans is more trashy (think strippers) , more collegy but still fun. Harrigan's is good too and all of those places are in dayton.
    Cincinnati, there is molly malones in pleasent ridge, Haps Irish pub in Hyde Park and Molly Malones in Covington Ky are all really good. Lots and lots of music I still have yet to get st pats off but If I do I'll be in dayton I usually wear a kilt and prince charlie, If not I'll be at molly malones in Plesant ridge my rugby team works bouncing and pouring beer, and later I'll finish up at molly malones in covington.
    We should probably start another thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what I am going to do for St. Pats. So far I don't have any work conflicts like I have had the past two years. I would normally go to Dublin Pub when Father, Sons, and Friends is playing. They play sometime in the afternoon. They are also at Harrigan's that evening. Dulahan is also playing somewhere in town that day.

Dublin Pub puts up a big tent over their entire parking lot. There is a stage in there and that is where all the bands play. They start early in the morning and go all day. I think this is the largest St. Patrick's Day celebration in Dayton. I have heard the crowds gets so large that the Dayton police shut down Wayne Avenue for part of the day. I have always been there in the evening so I have never experienced Wayne Avenue being closed. Parking can be a problem as this is the Oregon district and there are other food/beverage establishments in this area that pull a big crowd for the festivities.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12