X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilt4beer View Post
    Sounds fun and I plan on being there. Jack Quinn's is just a few blocks from the brewery where I work. They buy the Scottish Ale we brew. Order a "Laughing Lab Scottish Ale" and know that a fellow kilted brother had a hand in it.

Anyhow, I'm a bit confused. Nighthawk mentioned Friday, March 11 as the date. Duncan noted (correctly) that the parade is Saturday March 12. So, are you wanting to get together the evening before the parade (Friday night) or in the afternoon after the parade (Saturday)? If it is "after", what time do you think? Perhaps evening when the beer flows a bit more freely?

Looking forward to meeting you guys. From pictures posted on the forums, Nighthawk should be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd... He's the 7 foot tall, 3 feet wide Scot with the flowing hair of a celtic god, wearing a beautiful kilt and a huge highland smile. I think I'll be disapointed if he doesn't walk slightly floating above the ground and speak with a thick brogue.
    Oh dear gods, you got me confused with my buddy Joe! He's the 7 foot tall Celtic god... I'm the 5'9 dwarf...

I'm wide with a red goatee. But I do have a beautiful double box pleated kilt in MacLeod of the isles tartan!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebite View Post
    hmm, let me see:
    7 ft tall -not the last time I saw him
    3 ft wide -maybe
    flowing hair -again not lately [he got jealous of us folically challenged individuals and cut his hair ]
    beautiful kilt -sometimes [my eyes still twitch when I think of the Marpat vest ]
    Huge smile -check
    float above the ground -check
    brogue -not unless he fakes it

How are you on 2 out of 9 points of recognition?

You guys have fun, I have to go to the Springs this weekend so I doubt that I will make it again next weekend, plus I have a friend/ collegue shaving HER head for St. B at Fodo's on the 11th.
    That's one of the funniest things I've ever read!! Truth is the best comedy...

As to the day of the meetup- I'm good with Friday evening. I have to go to the clusterhump, though, since the Renaissance Scots are going. We're obligated to some event or other there. That's why I suggested it- I'm gonna be there regardless. So Friday night actually sounds like more fun.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 3rd March 11 at 09:54 PM.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, Friday night it is! ....I feel like a high school kid in the parking lot of a movie theatre, "whadda you wanna do?" "I don't know, whadda you wanna do?" "I don't know, whadda you wanna do?"

ok, so Friday night 7:00'ish at McCabe's.

And Nighthawk... Looking forward to seeing you in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG.... He looks almost... dare I say it?...."normal"

I doubt Joyce and I will make it. Her head is usually zinging her fairly bad about that time of night (Postherpetic neuralgia from shingles)
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My schedule is terribly tight, but perhaps it may allow me to sneak away sooner.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, Friday night it is! ....I feel like a high school kid in the parking lot of a movie theatre, "whadda you wanna do?" "I don't know, whadda you wanna do?" "I don't know, whadda you wanna do?"

Likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
    OMG.... He looks almost... dare I say it?...."normal"
    There are times when that conformist attitude of mine has to give way. And Burns Night last year... I dressed the way I did to screw with you!
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is this the right place?

http://www.mccabestavern.com/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    So is this the right place?

http://www.mccabestavern.com/index.php
    yes sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Might Make It!

I think that I will still be in Colorado Springs on Friday evening. If so, I'll be there to hoist a few.
    The problem that I will have is deciding what to eat, and drink, based on the online menu. It all looks really good.

Gordon
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordontaos View Post
    I think that I will still be in Colorado Springs on Friday evening. If so, I'll be there to hoist a few.
    The problem that I will have is deciding what to eat, and drink, based on the online menu. It all looks really good.

Gordon
    Personally, I'm going to go for the bangers and mash. IF the bangers are boiled, and not grilled, that is!

It will be good to have you!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Personally, I'm going to go for the bangers and mash. IF the bangers are boiled, and not grilled, that is!

It will be good to have you!!
    I"m leaning in that direction also, maybe with a scotch egg appetizer followed by some mussels and washed down with about 3 pints of heavy.
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast