X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March 11/12 meetup

My living history group, the Renaissance Scots Living History Association, is taking part in the parade for the first time ever. We will be in Colorado Springs on the 11th for the St Patrick's Day parade if anyone there wants to get together!
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Duncanofcolorado is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I live in the Springs I can make it. Hope others will also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the parade on Fri the 11th or Sat the 12th? If Sat, we might be able to get down there.
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Duncanofcolorado is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saturday the 12th starting at noon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where? what time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilt4beer View Post
    where? what time?
    Well, there is a place along the parade route called Jack Quinn Irish Alehouse and Pub:

http://www.jackquinnspub.com/

The Ren Scots are planning on gathering there after our stint in the parade is over, so that's a good possibility. We're always looking for new friends!
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds fun and I plan on being there. Jack Quinn's is just a few blocks from the brewery where I work. They buy the Scottish Ale we brew. Order a "Laughing Lab Scottish Ale" and know that a fellow kilted brother had a hand in it.

Anyhow, I'm a bit confused. Nighthawk mentioned Friday, March 11 as the date. Duncan noted (correctly) that the parade is Saturday March 12. So, are you wanting to get together the evening before the parade (Friday night) or in the afternoon after the parade (Saturday)? If it is "after", what time do you think? Perhaps evening when the beer flows a bit more freely?

Looking forward to meeting you guys. From pictures posted on the forums, Nighthawk should be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd... He's the 7 foot tall, 3 feet wide Scot with the flowing hair of a celtic god, wearing a beautiful kilt and a huge highland smile. I think I'll be disapointed if he doesn't walk slightly floating above the ground and speak with a thick brogue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Quinn's is probably the worst place to meet up during or after the parade. It's packed inside and out for obvious reasons.
    Here is a link to the parade map. csstpats.com.
    The parade begins at St Vrain and Tejon. Down the street is Tony's which is usually less crowded. If you want to meet up before the parade starts, that is the place. If you want to meet up after the parade McCabe's is down at the finish of the parade route. Let me know what you decide.
    Kilt4beer, sorry I didn't make it to Bristol Brewing a couple of weeks ago. I was still very under the weather that weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with duncan, jack quinn's will be a cluster hump. Mccabe's will be a bit less so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilt4beer View Post
    Nighthawk should be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd... He's the 7 foot tall, 3 feet wide Scot with the flowing hair of a celtic god, wearing a beautiful kilt and a huge highland smile. I think I'll be disapointed if he doesn't walk slightly floating above the ground and speak with a thick brogue.
    hmm, let me see:
    7 ft tall -not the last time I saw him
    3 ft wide -maybe
    flowing hair -again not lately [he got jealous of us folically challenged individuals and cut his hair ]
    beautiful kilt -sometimes [my eyes still twitch when I think of the Marpat vest ]
    Huge smile -check
    float above the ground -check
    brogue -not unless he fakes it

How are you on 2 out of 9 points of recognition?

You guys have fun, I have to go to the Springs this weekend so I doubt that I will make it again next weekend, plus I have a friend/ collegue shaving HER head for St. B at Fodo's on the 11th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast