X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch NZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christchurch NZ

Please spare a thought for those poor souls in Christchurch New Zealand who've just endured a 6.3 earthquake.
    Article here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes absolutely EB. I am watching the awful scenes on the news as I type. Not a lot that can be done from the other side of the world I suppose, but my heart goes out to those that are suffering.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second one since Christmas, I believe, and also according to reports, there have been thousands of aftershocks from the first. Keeping good thoughts for our Kiwi friends.

EDIT: apparently the earlier big one was in September, which was misheard as 'December'.
    Last edited by Lallans; 23rd February 11 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible news. I will be following that closely. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Makes us on stable ground all the more aware of how that is a blessing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you fellows for your concern. We're watching it closely here - I have friends in the area. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but perhaps I will be forgiven if I sin: here is a link to an interview with the Dean of Christchurch Cathedral. Read through, then click on the sound link at the bottom to hear the interview - it's even more tragic than the article.

Please pray for our Kiwi friends. http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acn.../2/22/ACNS4800
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no problem with prayers and thoughts being asked Father. People may then do that in their own way.

The problem with the rules only comes when people publish prayers directly in the forums.

Being a fan of ecclesiastical buildings it was a shock to see the Cathedral so badly damaged.

Buildings can. however, be rebuilt - the first concern is saving and rebuilding lives.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McClef View Post
    There is no problem with prayers and thoughts being asked Father. People may then do that in their own way.

The problem with the rules only comes when people publish prayers directly in the forums.

Being a fan of ecclesiastical buildings it was a shock to see the Cathedral so badly damaged.

Buildings can. however, be rebuilt - the first concern is saving and rebuilding lives.
    Thank you so much for that. We certainly pray for our folks first, and that is the upshot of the Dean's comments.

Blessings!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mike_Oettle is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read an account of a South African woman living in Christchurch whose three teenage daughters were separated from her by the quake.
    After she had run out of her place of work, she went to find the girls. When she reached the school the two younger ones attend, she found that they had been evacuated to a safe place. While going there, she contacted her eldest daughter, a university student, who was stuck on a crumbling bridge in heavy traffic.
    When she finally reached the younger girls, she heard that the eldest had managed to reverse off the bridge after other vehicles had done the same.
    But she had a hectic hour or two before she could relax.
    Regards,
    Mike
    The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.
    [Proverbs 14:27]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pray for the people of Christchurch.
    KD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to that, English Bloke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast