I saw a posting a while back asking about information concerning S. Ahmed and the website Great Highlandwear.com. I had heard good things, along with some questionable things. Last September I ordered a doublet from them at a price that would be near wholesale, $227. To date, I have been promised delivery 3 times, though nothing ever materialized. No doublet, and no money was refunded.

I offer this information to save the unsuspecting shopper time and trouble from what looks like a well put together website. The last email I got from S. Ahmed was in early January, and though I have emailed the firm repeatedly asking for either the product or a refund, they have offered no response. They stopped responding completely. The lesson here is simple: Only deal with reputable dealers with a verifiable background. I took a chance and lost. If you pay by PayPal (which I would recommend) you have 45 days to file a claim if you have not received your product. My hope is that this may save someone from dealing with those that would happily just take your money and say good-bye. I also hope this answers your question about Great Highlandwear.com.