X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisupyonder View Post
    I think I will wear my cheap kilt for travel. I take the point about the shorts and yes, whats the difference? We won't be going until around Aug/Sept 2012 so I intend to get a more expensive kilt before then. My surname is a sept of the Maclaren clan so I intend to get one in their tartan.
    I too am a MacLaren and have recently taken delivery of a 8 yard kilt in MacLaren weathered colours. I also have tanks in ancient and modern. My favourites are the ancient and weathered colours. I find that the modern is rather bland for my tastes and I often loan it out to mates who wish to wear a kilt to a function.
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GG View Post
    In Switzerland you can wear any kilt, day in, day out.

My wife and I will spend a month in Lugano, Switzerland every year. This year it will be for the 13th time in a kilt there, I think. No problems at all. Absolutely no need to follow strict rules either, regarding accessories. Just look decent.
    And expect no custom checks at the Swiss border, other than you can be asked if you bring any weapons. Between EU-countries, like Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France there is no control at all.
    Nice! The dress code for our holiday is smart casual. So after googling, this seems to mean no jeans, shorts or tracksuits, no teeshirts or sleeveless tops. So smart casual trousers and polo or button shirts but tie not required. Not much choice for us males. Females, pretty much what they want to wear except jeans, shorts and mini skirts. I emailed the tour company and their reply was... "Our tours generally are smart/casual so you would be more than welcome to wear Highland dress if you prefer." So kilt instead of trousers! Yeah! kilts are rockin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GG View Post
    In Switzerland you can wear any kilt, day in, day out.

My wife and I will spend a month in Lugano, Switzerland every year. This year it will be for the 13th time in a kilt there, I think. No problems at all. Absolutely no need to follow strict rules either, regarding accessories. Just look decent.
    And expect no custom checks at the Swiss border, other than you can be asked if you bring any weapons. Between EU-countries, like Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France there is no control at all.
    A question of hose during the day, do you wear full hose or just ankle socks. For evening I would wear full hose with my best kilt and maybe argyle jacket for dinner in hotel but don't know about day wear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123