X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South West Ohio St Particks Guide

Feel Free to add to this its just a snippit of Places I've found excelent and Kilt friendly on st pattys
    Dayton's St Pats Kicks ***. The Dublin Pub is really good. Flannigans is more trashy (think strippers) , more collegy but still fun. Harrigan's is good too and all of those places are in dayton. they will all have live music. My Favorite is Dub Pub.
    Cincinnati, there is molly malones in pleasent ridge, Haps Irish pub in Hyde Park and Molly Malones in Covington Ky are all really good. Lots and lots of music
    I still have yet to get st pats off but If I do I'll be in dayton I usually wear a kilt and prince charlie, If not I'll be at molly malones in Plesant ridge my rugby team works bouncing and pouring beer, and later I'll finish up at molly malones in covington.
    Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with you on Molly Malone's in Covington being a great choice. Last year I was at Claddagh over in Newport, Ky. Mulligan's and Cock & Bull in Covington are also good. The Kentucky places let me enjoy a good cigar while I enjoy my St. Patrick's Day while the Ohio side frowns on such things.

O'Bryon's on Madison Road in O'Brienville is a great choice. Crowley's up in Mt. Adams is a mainstay albeit very small. For some reason I can't remember the name of the place on Beechmont that sets up a festival tent beside their main bar. That place gets crazy for the whole St. Patrick's week.

All of the above are kilt friendly in my experience.

Big area related NCAA games on St. Patrick's Day this year. Some of these pubs are going to rake some serious cash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right..... GO X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Bearcats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Wildcats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Feel Free to add to this its just a snippit of Places I've found excelent and Kilt friendly on st pattys
    Dayton's St Pats Kicks ***. The Dublin Pub is really good. Flannigans is more trashy (think strippers) , more collegy but still fun. Harrigan's is good too and all of those places are in dayton. they will all have live music. My Favorite is Dub Pub.
    Cincinnati, there is molly malones in pleasent ridge, Haps Irish pub in Hyde Park and Molly Malones in Covington Ky are all really good. Lots and lots of music
    I still have yet to get st pats off but If I do I'll be in dayton I usually wear a kilt and prince charlie, If not I'll be at molly malones in Plesant ridge my rugby team works bouncing and pouring beer, and later I'll finish up at molly malones in covington.
    Christian
    Let's meet up mate - what time will you be at the Dublin Pub - I think the pipe band will be playing there too, but I do know they will most definitely be at The Pub in Beavercreek. I'd really like to meet up with you, and Mike in Dayton.

Cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done St. Pat's here in the Cincinnati area at Claddagh and Nicholson's and Claddagh wasn't that great. I love Nicholson's, but The Pub and the Dublin Pub are looking awesome for St. Pat's this year! I think we will hit up both places - both have great entertainment lineups, menu and drink specials! Gotta have a proper pint indeed!

Until tomorrow....slainte mhath mates!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a word of warning to any of you fellows who head to Molly Malone's in Covington: I stand about 6'1" and carry about 215 pounds. I was outweighed by 50 or more pounds by the gigantic drunken harlot who molested me repeatedly in her relentless efforts to 'feel' what was under my kilt. Despite my small size compared to hers, she was deceptively quick and even more deceptively stealthy. Her attacks would have made the citizens of Sodom blush. I am fairly sure that she should have been using vasoline during some of the acts perpetrated. I am aware that I was not her only victim.

Now, I realize that I am a handsome man and that quality is amplified by ten when I am in a kilt but Great Satan's Testicles on a Shish Kabob that was bad. Be warned my friends. The lady goes by the name of 'Melissa' and I consider her a menace to all of those who are kilted. Other than her size, which is remarkable, there is not much of a distinguishing feature that would allow me to describe her. I could pick her out of a lineup but I cannot distinguish her from the others in a way that would allow you to avoid contact!

That being said, Molly Malone's was ROCKIN with a great crowd, great music and plenty of libations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_lawyer View Post
    Just a word of warning to any of you fellows who head to Molly Malone's in Covington: I stand about 6'1" and carry about 215 pounds. I was outweighed by 50 or more pounds by the gigantic drunken harlot who molested me repeatedly in her relentless efforts to 'feel' what was under my kilt.!
    I think it is like fishing, the more you fight the more they enjoy it.

I have found that if you look at them and say, "Do you really want to see what is under my kilt?" and then grab the apron like you are going to pull it up. This usually stops the attack, they think you have no shame and they usually back off. Although, I am waiting for someone to call my bluff.

Cheers,
    Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for me, I just hoisted the Ohio State flag on my flagpole.
    Go Buckeyes!
    That said, if not the Buckeyes - Go Cats
    (I'm an OSU alum, but by two sons went to UK).
    Mark Stephenson
    Region 5 Commissioner (OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, IA, KY), Clan MacTavish USA
    Cincinnati, OH
    [I]Be alert - the world needs more lerts[/I]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast