Halò,

The Governor's Proclamation has been approved. We will pick it up on April 6th at 10 o'clock a.m. in the Governor's Conference Room on the 2nd Floor, on the North Side of the State Capitol Building.

That is because, at the moment, we are penciled in to receive the proclamation from Governor Mike Beebe himself at that time where there will also be an opportunity for those who wish to have their photos taken with the Governor.

Because of this, I would suggest we meet, weather permitting, outside the Capitol in front of the steps at 9:30 a.m. so that we can get organized. (Otherwise we will meet on the first floor of the Capitol.) We will move to the Governor's Conference Room by 10 for presentation of the proclamation and pictures. After that, we will process, hopefully relatively orderly, to the rotunda for a speech or two, and some bagpipe music and dancing.

At this point, I think that it is really, really important that we maximize attendance that day. We need dancers and their music and bagpipers and members of the other Scottish organizations around Arkansas that morning. This would be an excellent opportunity for Lyon College to promote the upcoming Scottish Festival set for the next weekend. (A set of groups I hadn't thought of before now are the groups in Arkansas with Scottish dogs, Deerhounds, terriers, etc. If there are any, it might be a good idea to contact them if someone knows or can find out how to get in touch with them.)

We will most certainly need all manner of banners and flags of the society and any other Scottish organizations attending and any other Scottish decorative material. If they are interested, we can try to arrange for the car club to display their cars in front of the Capitol that morning.

To reiterate, we need lots of people to show up and show that the Scots are here!

Sherry Henderson is going to handle the publicity, but we need to know what groups are in fact going to be represented and how many people we can reasonably expect to attend. If your group is able to attend, please contact Sherry at slhhsinger@yahoo.com.

Now is the time for volunteers to step up and help. Please let me know what you can do to help make this the most memorable Tartan Day in Arkansas ' history.

Thanks,