X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go. I found a pic of just about every type of Freedom Kilt all in one place at one time.

Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a information addict and have been known to research a subject into the ground so bring on the knowledge.

I am really liking the box pleat. I believe Alt.Kilt does theirs that way but I am liking your pockets and details. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of money on kilts just so I can figure out all these differences.

Do your pockets feel bulky when full? What I mean is in pants with regular pockets and cargo pockets they feel like you have stuff in them. That is one reason I hate pants.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said before the usual and daily load in my side slash pockets includes may pipe, lighter, and pipe tool in the left pocket and my keys and tobacco pouch in the right.

I've often found myself walking around trying to find my keys only to find them in my pocket all along. Now, a caution, I'm old and this may just be my mind going.

If I'm wearing one of my Cargo kilts with Side Cargo pockets you will usually see me with my coffee mug stuck in one side and a thick book in the other.

This is one of the great things about kilt with pockets. They are only fastened at the waist. Everything else hangs freely. Not only can other people not know there is anything in my pockets but I don't feel a thing. All the weight is distributed at my waist and hips. Even a kilt that weights 4.5 lbs loaded with 3 lbs of stuff is barely noticable.

Oh, wait that's my mind going again.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind, I'm going to log off for the night and get some sleep. Tomorrow is a work day.

One of the first things you learn when you start you own business....the boss is a real b*^#c.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care and sleep well. I work night shift so don't let me keep you awake or you will be here all night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few questions I have came up with while working.

What is price of the box pleat kilt? What does shipping run usually? I have seen some examples of double box pleat, is that at all a possibility? Would double box really be appropriate or worth any extra cost? What are appropriate hose to wear with a contemporary kilt and say boots? Could you do a box pleat in duck cloth in a dark brown color?

I know I know a lot of new questions but I had a real boring night at work. Thank you once again for the great customer service

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bman,

I'm sorry, if you would like pricing information would you please send me an email directly.

It is not that I won't post pricing on the forum, it is that it is impolite to do so.

We advertisers straddle a fine fence here. We respect each other. We do not undercut or speak bad about each other.

I will be more than happy to answer questions of a general nature that may help you understand my product but I prefer to take the actual business part off the forum.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand completely and do not want to cause issues in my search for that first kilt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your questions.

I could do a double-box pleated kilt but I have to ask, why? With the exception of my Tartan Model my kilts are for daily wear, made from machine washable fabrics and are far less dressy than a Traditional kilt. Double box pleats are usually not found or used in daily wear kilts. Just too much for what you want to do in your kilt.

Hose with your boots comes down to personal preference. Most people who wear boots with their kilts push them down. Some do wear kilt hose with boot and they seem to like that. It really is up to you. It will be part of your personal style.

I make kilts. I could, I guess, hire myself out as a fashion coordinator but given that I usually look like a Marine in civvies I think I'd go broke trying.

I have the Duck Canvas fabric in 5 colors. Actual scans of these fabrics and colors can be found on my website.

If you are thinking of Duck Canvas I have to ask, "How much do you like to iron?" The Duck fabrics are 100% Cotton and it is prone to wrinkling. It is just the nature of the fabric. All cotton fabrics wrinkle. Remember the days of spray starch and never taking the ironing board down? Cotton shirts were always ironed and usually starched after every washing. You never, ever, wore a cotton shirt twice without washing and ironing.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you did answer some of my questions so disregard those in the email.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast