X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TurboKittie is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just shared the site link on facebook, hoping that the more people who know about the mill and talk about it, the better.

It also made the day of a friend of mine, as she's been looking for someone who does exactly what you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick, just so you know, I requested a pricing on 10-11 meters of a custom tartan from Dalgliesh on Friday, and I haven't heard back yet. Not that it's likely that I will be able to afford it, but you never know. Anyway, might want to ask about that when you have a chance. The tartan is the Cardinal Highland Athletic Club, rev 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan, Friday was the day that the new web site was switched on, and a new server went live, so there was a period when messages may have been lost. You might be best to try again. Also, if it's a private purchase (rather than trade) from the Scotweb Tartan Designer it should now go via Scotweb as Dalgliesh is only directly handling trade enquiries. PM me if you want help. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKittie View Post
    I just shared the site link on facebook, hoping that the more people who know about the mill and talk about it, the better.

It also made the day of a friend of mine, as she's been looking for someone who does exactly what you do.
    We've also just set up a new Facebook page, which it would be great if anyone could 'Friend'. I hope this works... I think it's at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Dal...6747057?v=wall

TurboKittie is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fiddes View Post
    We've also just set up a new Facebook page, which it would be great if anyone could 'Friend'. I hope this works... I think it's at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Dal...6747057?v=wall
    Done, and it does indeed work.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like you to notice that we have just moved this thread over to the Tartan forum and out from under Scotweb.

Nick has been very plain in explaining that although he has invested money to insure that D. C. Dalgliesh will continue that this was a personal investment and not a buy out of one company by another.

I have attempted to keep this announcement, of the plan to insure the continuation of D.C. Dalgliesh, separate from the Scotweb forum section while keeping within our Advertising Policy.

We are confidant that when Dalgliesh is in a good position financially that they will join our other fine advertisers.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick,
    My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. When ordering a minimum run of a tartan created with your tartan designer, is it woven via the Dalgliesh mill, and/or can we specifiy it be done via Dalgliesh?
    I've been saving a bit to order a first run of one of my designs and would love to think that it would go toward sustaining the Dalgliesh operation.
    I've "liked" your FB page and made a post featuring a link to the Dalgliesh site.
    Good on you, Nick, for taking this brave commitment...it is greatly appreciated.
    regards
    Ken Carter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KFCarter View Post
    Nick,
    My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. When ordering a minimum run of a tartan created with your tartan designer, is it woven via the Dalgliesh mill, and/or can we specifiy it be done via Dalgliesh?
    I've been saving a bit to order a first run of one of my designs and would love to think that it would go toward sustaining the Dalgliesh operation.
    I've "liked" your FB page and made a post featuring a link to the Dalgliesh site.
    Good on you, Nick, for taking this brave commitment...it is greatly appreciated.
    regards
    Ken Carter
    Hi Ken,

At the moment it's not produced there. It could be done as a special, but we're still working on the retail processes to make it all work smoothly. Within a few weeks we should have a reliable system in place, and I'm also hoping to photograph all the Dalgliesh yarns and get them into the Tartan Designer too.

Many thanks for your support. Much appreciated!

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a hero, Nick!

I've "liked" the page on FB and spreading the word on various kilt-related pages in the community. I do love the video you posted on youtube - makes me want a new kilt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fiddes View Post
    Hi Ken,

At the moment it's not produced there. It could be done as a special, but we're still working on the retail processes to make it all work smoothly. Within a few weeks we should have a reliable system in place, and I'm also hoping to photograph all the Dalgliesh yarns and get them into the Tartan Designer too.

Many thanks for your support. Much appreciated!

Nick
    Sounds great, Nick; I love the idea of the Dalgliesh yarns in the Tartan Designer.

An old friend I haven't seen in years picked up on my FB post and has already hit the Dalgliesh site... onward and upward!

Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast