X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Pennsyl-tuckey-vill-burg-town (aka central Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Fitness Update. I am down to 10% body fat and still working hard. I hope to do you guys even prouder by the end of this round of P-90X in a month.

Warrior Dash NY update! Came in 8th in my age/gender group out of 893 and 31st out of almost 6,500 overall for Sunday. Sprained my ankle with 50 yards left to go and was so pumped I ran through it. I figured, "I worked hard for this, I will NOT slack off, especially when I can see the finish line!" Didn't even feel the pain until after the race and the adrenaline came down.

This was the Warrior Dash with a GIANT mountainside to climb and I worked really hard mountain running to get ready. I am 32 and the overall winner for the whole day was 39 and only beat me by 4 minutes. If I work harder for the next year I'll own that thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WooHoo! I made my goal. First the back-story. I'm 5'8" and through a combination of long hours (I work 60-70 hours a week), no exercise and bad eating habits I had been gaining weight for several years. The final straw was seeing myself in pictures taken at my brother's wedding. I got on the scale for the first time in months and found that I was up to 207 pounds. I immediately lost about ten pounds, but plateaued there.
    Six months ago I got serious. I set the goal of getting back down to 150 pounds, which is what I weighed all through high school and college.
    I now get up at 0400 so I have time to exercise before leaving for work at 0630. I run five miles three days a week and do 45-60 minutes with weights and elliptical three days. I've made it back down to my goal of 150 pounds. Another benefit is that the arthritis in my knees does not bother me nearly as much. I still get a little stiff and sore once in a while but I don't have the constant dull ache in my knees, although I can still tell when the weather's gonna change.
    The only down side is that it's starting to get expensive. I've had to start buying all new clothes, and a new kilt is next on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!! 50+pounds is quite an accomplishment. In the long run, you will find many benefits. Hang on to your gain (loss.)

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425