X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10th Annual United Irish of Dayton, Ohio Celtic Festival, July 29-31, 2011

Greetings,

Please join us and saturate your senses in the sights, sounds, and tastes of our Celtic heritage. Let us share with you our rich culture and history. Shop with our merchandise vendors for everything from Celtic inspired souvenirs to the finest products imported from Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England.

Eat, drink and be merry in our food and beverage area, featuring authentic Celtic foods and refreshing ales. Enjoy Celtic inspired crafts and activities in the area built especially for children. Discover the unique Celtic cultural identity that keeps people of all ethnicities and backgrounds returning to Dayton's Celtic Festival year after year. Come and experience the rich traditions that we 'Celtic folk' hold dear to our hearts.

Your favorite bands are back this year to entertain along with some new ones! For a complete, detailed schedule of the events, please visit the official website below. We hope to see our greater Cincinnati/Dayton area XMTS members there!

http://www.unitedirishofdayton.org/Festival/

Slainte mhath,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to it. Had a great time last year.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Dayton View Post
    Looking forward to it. Had a great time last year.

Mike
    Wonderful! It will be nice to finally meet you Mike.

Cheers mate,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10th annual Dayton Celtic Festival is upon us at the end of this week! Are their any other local (Dayton/Cincinnati area) Xmarkers besides myself and Mike in Dayton, planning to attend? We would love to see you there. It appears the intense heat and humidity will subside a wee bit (it's forecasted to be in the upper 80s for much of the weekend with a slight chance of pop-up thunderstorms), just in time for the festivities!

Cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there either Friday or Saturday evening depending on when the friends I'm planning on attending with are able to make it. Hoping to make it Saturday evening as the bands I am most wanting to see are appearing back to back that day. Going to be trying to make a new kilt convert out of a friend whenever it is I go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to say that I will be at a wedding that weekend far far from Dayton. Otherwise I would have tried to make it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser348 View Post
    I'll be there either Friday or Saturday evening depending on when the friends I'm planning on attending with are able to make it. Hoping to make it Saturday evening as the bands I am most wanting to see are appearing back to back that day. Going to be trying to make a new kilt convert out of a friend whenever it is I go.
    Sounds good. My wife and I are planning to be there all day Saturday and into much of Saturday evening - I will have my cromach with me, so I should be relatively easy to spot. We will more than likely have dinner and drinks either at the Dublin Pub (which is closeby to the festivities in Dayton), or The Pub at The Greene in Beavercreek. We may be there Sunday, but are not entirely sure yet - there is another festival nearby, of the Greek sort, and I have been known to fancy Greek cuisine.

Hope to see many kilts there!

Slainte,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there for awhile today, and then later in the day tomorrow. Want to catch the last couple of bands on the main stage tomorrow night but probably won't be there too long since one of the people I'm going with has a three month old girl. Think saying I'll be the guy wearing a red Robertson kilt and drinking a beer will make me stand out?? Well that and if it's a really sunny day probably one of the dreaded flat caps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser348 View Post
    I will be there for awhile today, and then later in the day tomorrow. Want to catch the last couple of bands on the main stage tomorrow night but probably won't be there too long since one of the people I'm going with has a three month old girl. Think saying I'll be the guy wearing a red Robertson kilt and drinking a beer will make me stand out?? Well that and if it's a really sunny day probably one of the dreaded flat caps.
    I am quite confident, us kilted gents, will find eachother. I'll be the bloke in Macpherson tartan drinking a pint! Robertson eh? My lovely wife is a Robertson...it's my mother-in-law's surname. See you Saturday!

Cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lineage is Mackay actually, but found a deal I couldn't pass up on the Macpherson kilt I'll be wearing. As my new father-in-law (a Macrae) put it when the piper at my wedding asked him what tartan he was wearing "Like a true Scot I bought what was on sale."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast