X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Questions

So I designed a few Tartans.

And I'm thinking about ordering some stuff.

I think it's a glitch, but it seems I can order my Tartan from Scotweb in The Welsh Casual kilt at no extra cost? http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/em...h-casual-cilt/ (anyone know if it's a glitch ) All other Kilts show a substantial cost increase when selected in my tartan.

I'm thinking of a Fly Plaid/Brat in this color

I'm thinking Argyll jacket. Maybe a Victorian waistcoat with Lapels.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In relation to the cost differences, I would imagine that the welsh tartan is a stock item. Yours on the other hand would be a special weave, hence the extra cost.

Like your idea of the the argyll with the lapelled waistcoat (would that be square cut across the bottom?) but I am not into fly plaids
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Kilt View Post
    In relation to the cost differences, I would imagine that the welsh tartan is a stock item. Yours on the other hand would be a special weave, hence the extra cost.

Like your idea of the the argyll with the lapelled waistcoat (would that be square cut across the bottom?) but I am not into fly plaids
    That's the odd thing in my basket at Scotweb the Welsh Kilt in my weave, shows no extra cost. (all others do) It would be the only reason I'd choose the Welsh casual over the Irish Casual. (Not that I could tell a difference) My thought is at checkout the price could change.

I think a vest in this style could look good. (hard to find though, most have faux collars) But with a puff tie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my misunderstanding and what you say is odd as any kilt made up in your peronal tartan would need to be a special weave. I know that I have recently been playing around with the Scotweb site and all special weaves come in at A$790.00. Probably best to check with the folk at Scotweb.

As for you waistcoat, it looks to be of a regency pattern and yes to get the full collar is hard. IF you google Regency Attire, there are a few sites that make what you are seeking but the pices are Xy

BTW welcome to Xmarks
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Kilt View Post
    Sorry my misunderstanding and what you say is odd as any kilt made up in your peronal tartan would need to be a special weave. I know that I have recently been playing around with the Scotweb site and all special weaves come in at A$790.00. Probably best to check with the folk at Scotweb.

As for you waistcoat, it looks to be of a regency pattern and yes to get the full collar is hard. IF you google Regency Attire, there are a few sites that make what you are seeking but the pices are Xy

BTW welcome to Xmarks
    I didn't receive a reply to my email to Scotwebs customer service. Maybe because of the weekend.

I'll google Regency Attire, can there be more xy then Highland attire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look around Lady Chrystel's website. She makes just the things you're looking for.

http://lady-chrystel-kilts.com/site-...waiscoats.html