X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Central NY Kilt Night @ Brae Loch Inn, 3 Dec.

Organizing a holiday season kilted gathering at the Brae Loch Inn in Cazenovia, NY, for Saturday evening, December 3rd.

The town is just southeast of Syracuse on Rte 20, and the Brae Loch is a wonderful old Scottish-themed venue with a restaurant, pub, and guest rooms. www.braelochinn.com

The plan is to meet up around 5:00pm-ish to eat, and then take over the pub for a kilt night!

Their website has directions, and one can reserve guest rooms on-line if so desired. There were still some left when I looked this morning.

Hope to meet some upstate XMarkers there...!
    Brian

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Central NY Kilt Night @ Brae Loch Inn, 3 Dec.

I've got my calendar marked, Brian. Thanks for organizing this. The Brea Loch is a fantastic place for a kilt night!
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]
    [B]Clan Rose[/B]-[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Constant and True[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][I]"I cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins; In a brand new pair of brogues to ramble o'er the bogs and frighten all the dogs " - D. K. Gavan[/I][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Brae Loch folks are trying to line up some live music for us, for the evening!
    Brian

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit far to travel for me, I'm afraid.

I hope that all goes well (and that you aren't only two people present)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BCAC View Post
    A bit far to travel for me, I'm afraid.

I hope that all goes well (and that you aren't only two people present)
    Well, there are a number of non-XMarks kilties who are going. I know there are numerous Upstate NY members of this forum. Don't know why we're not hearing from them. You couldn't ask for a better venue for a kilt night...!
    Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The live music is a go!
    Brian

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wife and I will be there. Gonna dust off my Argyll and wear a tie. Be all festive and stuff.
    Virtus Ad Aethera Tendit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I currently know of at least 16 folks who are attending - some 10 or so kilties, plus wives/girlfriends. This does not include locals, or others I haven't heard from.

Anyways, we're on our way to a great turnout and a super time! The Brae Loch has it listed on their website:
    http://www.braelochinn.com/Musical_Line-Up.html

As you can see, if you wear a kilt you get a free "Screamin' Scot" shot. I don't know what that is, but as they claim to have the finest selection of Scotch whisky in central NY, it's got to be something good!

If you're in range of Cazenovia, come join the fun. (And there's still one guest room left for that night!)
    Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian, are there any other details we should know about? For instance, are we still to meet at 5 p.m.? Also, do you know if we'll be meeting in a specific room of the inn? I'm really looking forward to this, by the way. There are so few kilt events during the cold months of the year and that's my favorite time to be kilted!
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]
    [B]Clan Rose[/B]-[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Constant and True[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][I]"I cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins; In a brand new pair of brogues to ramble o'er the bogs and frighten all the dogs " - D. K. Gavan[/I][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Brian, are there any other details we should know about? For instance, are we still to meet at 5 p.m.? Also, do you know if we'll be meeting in a specific room of the inn? I'm really looking forward to this, by the way. There are so few kilt events during the cold months of the year and that's my favorite time to be kilted!
    Jay, we're generally meeting 5:00-5:30ish to eat, and then the main kilt night part of the evening will be wherever the duo is playing - I assume the pub. As for the dining, either the restaurant proper, or the pub (cheaper menu!) is available, and up to the attendees' choice as to which they prefer....
    Brian