X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks - one tries one's best!

To piperdbh: the reason for the 25 year gap in 'acquiring' was that in those days I wore the kilt only as a costume for my Scottish Country and Highland dancing activities, nothing more. It was not until I retired that I discovered the comfort and joy of wearing the kilt more frequently and, once hooked, gradually invested in a selection - the thought of building a Kollection never entered my mind. With a half-decent choice of kilts on hand, I expanded my wardrobe to include tweed argyll jackets, barathea doublets and chunky sweaters. Day and Dress sporrans, belts, hose, shoes and boots followed and once I felt I could go appropriately kilted to any event or function whatsoever - I ditched the t------s once and for all. The Kollection just grew from that time.

Now, I fear I have sinned! I forgot to include two other photos taken whist the Quaich was with me at Bicknell Grange. Here they are:

Take care,
    Ham.
    Last edited by Hamish; 11th December 11 at 06:38 PM.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    How did I miss this thread? Excellent pictures, as always, Hamish. And some really nice armorial china in the background.

Regards

Chas
    Thanks Chas. Yes, there are some rather handsome pieces behind me (better seen in the two latest photos). I tend to be rather selective nowadays and only collect the royal commemorative pieces with crests and coats of arms, and then mainly those produced by Royal Crown Derby. I also have quite a few not visible in these photos.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the pics - feels like a personal visit...
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ham

Besides the impressive collection behind you in these two new pics I was also impressed by the collection in front of you of some nice single malts. I see the Glenmorangie Port Wood appears unopened, something I might suggest you remedy soon, as this is IMHO a particularly nice bottling. I think/hope you enjoy it as much as I.

And as always it is a true pleasure to see your smiling countenance on these pages, it does my heart good. Oh, yes, and the quaich fits in lovely amidst all the other beautiful things.

Be well my friend.

jeff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234