X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Near Enid?

I am going to be in Enid for 3 weeks in December and then another 3 weeks in January.
    Should I bring a kilt for a kilt night or two?
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone Near Enid?

Enid is about 70 miles from me and another XMarker. I have never gone up to Enid, but I would LOVE to do a kilt night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it seems as if i will have to pack a kilt!

I am arriving this Sunday night and will be there until the 15th of December or so.
    Do you suggest anyplace between Enid and you, or is Oklahoma City the place where it is happening?

Also, I fear that I may be in Enid for Burns night. Its a big event here in Taos and if I am going to miss it here, I certainly would enjoy celebrating it elsewhere.

Looking forward to an Oklahoma Kilt Night.
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are arriving on the 12th? If so, would a kilt night be possible that night? (just looking for options as for dates). I will look around for something and see what we can do.

There is a Burns Supper by the local United Scottish Clans of Oklahoma as well in January. I do not have the dates and have not attended one previously, but hope to attend this upcoming one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually arriving in Enid tomorrow night and will be there until December 15th or so.
    Then I will be back down in mid January for another 3 weeks or so.
    I pretty much make my own schedule, within the limits of the Air Force, so I am generally flexible.
    See you soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhhhh!! Working for the Air Force explains why you would be going to Enid!! There is a pub there called, Callihan's. I guess they have had kilt nights there. before.

Perhaps we can meet on Wednesday, Nov 30? I could get put of work early and head to Enid. We could meet around...5:30ish? A kilt night on St. Andrews Day seems like a good idea to me