X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Nor Cal Rabble's 6th Annual Burns Night Supper

The Nor Cal Rabble's 6th Annual Burns Night Supper is being held on January 21, 2012 from 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. The venue is our usual at the Old Mill.
    Everyone is welcome although space is limited. Price is $10 per adult, $5 per child 12 years and under. The menu will include appetizers with smoked salmon, haggis, cock-a-leekie soup, green salad and dessert. Macaroni and cheese will also be provided for the children.
    To keep the price down, we request attendees bring something to share such as appetizers, neeps and tatties (potatoes, any style), desserts, and any special drinks you like. Some soft drinks, beer, and wine will be provided.
    Send your check in advance by January 14, 2012 to:
    Madalyn Drago
    243 Pinehaven Way
    Pacifica, CA 94044

Any questions to: madalyn@pacbell.net or (650) 359-1227
    The NCR program will include all the usual Burns Night activities but a little less traditional, as well as music, dancing, and lots of laughs. Hope you can join us.

The Old Mill: 522 Bean Creek Road, Scotts Valley, CA. Once inside the complex, follow the streets with the yellow line in the center.
    Google Maps location:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.053905,+-122.025987&hl=en&ll=37.054013,-122.025883&spn=0.001131,0.001554&sll=37.053927,-122.025955&sspn=0.000565,0.000777&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=20

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor Cal Rabble's 6th Annual Burns Night Supper! Get your tickets

I wanted to remind all our Northern California X Markers that the Nor Cal Rabble will be holding their 6th annual Burns Supper on January 21st (details above courtesy of our friend Kent).

As we need to order supplies like the roast and haggis in the next week it is important to contact Madalyn and get your check in to her ASAP.

The NCR Burns Nights are always fun. Though we could never be called serious, we do our best to the memory of Robert Burns. We think the plowman poet would have liked our parties for him

See you there!

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Nor Cal Rabble's 6th Annual Burns Night Supper

Kent and Jamie,

Connie and I are planning on attending, and will get a check off to Madalyn on Monday. We will be in touch, regarding side dishes ect. as the date nears.

Thanks for the invitation, we look forward to seeing the gang on the 21st.

Brooke

San Francisco, California or there abouts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation A message for Northern Californians

I haven't been hanging on the forum that much of late, and I suspect there's a bunch of people in the greater San Francisco/San Jose/Santa Cruz etc. area on board now that I haven't met yet, or who just haven't made it our Burns Supper in the past. The following message is for you.

Perhaps you are a little nervous about attending the Nor Cal Rabble Burns Supper, because you haven't been before. Here's my personal invitation to you. Come to this event!

Do you like kilts? There will be kilts there, traditional, modern, we don't care what kind you're into, just as long as you like kilts.

Do you like whisky? Oh, there will be some fine fine whisky there or my name isn't WalkerK. Hey wait it minute, that isn't my name! OK the whisky I bring won't be quite as fine as his, but the beauty of the event is that he shares. Perhaps you have some fine whisky to share? I like you already! We'll welcome you without whisky too, but you still have to like kilts.

Are you already a fan of the works of Robert Burns? Great! We will try our best not to cause another international incident in his name, but no promises. Don't know Burns? That's OK too, I personally guarantee you will know more about him then when you arrived, and have a fabulous time, or my name isn't Panache. Oh wait, that's not my name either, but don't tell that to the ravishing F.H.C.A.G.

Did I mention the Haggis? I loves me some haggis, if you don't want to eat any however, no one will point at you and call you names. More for the rest of us! Lots of other good eats too, because our supper is a communal effort (overseen by the Amazing Madalyn) that's why it only costs $10. Shoot, you can't go the movies for $10 any more.

Bottom line is that it will be a night to remember (or at least difficult to forget), and its not too late to get on board. Just see the first post for details, and tell them Jake sent you. Hey, that is me!

Last edited by Monkey@Arms; 9th January 12 at 12:04 AM. Reason: usual typos
    [B]Less talk, more monkey![/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Nor Cal Rabble's 6th Annual Burns Night Supper

Kilts on, Wife is almost ready and getting set to head out the door that way.
    [I]From my tribe I take nothing, I am the maker of my own fortune.[/I]-[B]Tecumseh[/B]
    [LEFT][B]FSA Scot
    North Carolina Commissioner for Clan Cochrane
    Sons of the American Revolution[/B][/LEFT]