Tomorrow I "get back on that horse".

I am meeting, and training with some of my old strongman buddies, one of which is very successful trainer of athletes and gym owner Elliot Hulse. While there, I plan to pick his brain about building explosion specifically for highland games. I don't know what his rates are, but if it's in my own budget, chances are I will see if he can take me on as a client.

Throwing season starts tomorrow for Florida in Winter Haven (near Orlando), but I'm not ready yet. I know, I know, "You are never ready", and "You need to just do it", but this isn't my first horse race, dig? The last time I threw in a competition I just barely missed qualifying for the "A" athletes... I think it was 2009. If I come back and suck, I will never come back. Instead, I'm going to do it right.

I procrastinated all last year about getting back into the gym and doing a whole new kind of training, no more 300kg squats, 270kg deadlifts... but a 140kg (300lbs) clean, a 120kg (264lbs) snatch, 14ft in the 56 Over Bar, 60 feet in the 28 for distance, a 40" vertical jump, and all with a descending body weight... I am going to make this happen.

This year is upon us, and 2012 is the year I dedicate my body to competing in the games. 2013 is the year I will be ready for the whole Florida season.

Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number "13". When I was a kid in baseball and football, I insisted on the number 13 for my jerseys because an intellectual family friend taught me the word, and I thought it would be cool to have the unlucky number on my back (this is between 10yo and 12yo). Today, being Friday the 13th, makes it particularly fun for my proclamation.

Hopefully by this time next year, every athlete in Florida besides myself will have this disorder, and will only be able to conquer it by copious amounts of whiskey.