X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen pipes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stolen pipes

Pipers and prospective pipers, especially those in the Orlando FL area. Uncle Hamish and the Hooligans (screen name on XMTS "ThatCelticBand") had their band van broken into at the Central Florida Games early this morning. Much was stolen, including my son's (he's MadBagpiper here on XMTS) bagpipes. They are MacLelland pipes, with cocobolo pipes and bronze fittings. He has photos on his computer that I or he will post when he returns from Florida.

Please be on the lookout for these! He saved and scrimped for years, designed them himself, waited over a year for delivery. He's devastated at the loss. Insurance might be able to help, but...

Thanks friends.

Bill
    Kilted Teacher and Wilderness Ranger and proud member of Clan Donald, USA
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.
    New home of Sierra Nevada AND New Belgium breweries!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Stolen pipes

I'm really sorry to hear about your & your son's loss. It really disillusions me about humanity when I hear about this kind of thing. Personally my feelings about people who steal bring to mind what they do in some Middle Eastern countries to them, such as cutting off their hands! I know how precious your son's pipes are to him. Please keep me posted. My best to both you & your son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked eBay for any bagpipes matching that description that were listed today and didn't see any; though I'll keep checking back.

I sincerely hope you're able to track them down and get them back.

highland mafia is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man... Im so sorry.. That said if they are are unique which from what you said I suspect they are.. They will be easy to identify. ln a way its a good thing they aren`t a set of maccallums or some somthing.. Good luck I hope to hell you get them back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure to post this over at http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php

It's sort of like XMTS for pipers.
    I wish I believed in reincarnation. Where's Charles Martel when you need him?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ohiopiper View Post
    Make sure to post this over at http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php

It's sort of like XMTS for pipers.

Yes, as soon as he gets back we'll post there with some photos. Thanks.
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son just posted the following on his Facebook page:

So here's the status of todays events: 8 am--Discover broken window in the equipment van. Stickyfingers McDouchebag lifted three guitars, a bass, three pedal boards and all of my Bagpipe gear...
    The rest of the day was ok, all things considered. The bands we were playing with immediately offered spare gear when they heard about the news. Major shout outs and so much love to Albannach's piper Donnie, the boys of Rathkeltair and The Wyndbreakers and to the beautiful people at the Central Florida Highland Games for stepping up and helping us when we were at our weakest.

This morning I felt like my best friend had died. I hope and pray that the police of Orlando assist us and what was taken from us returns and these scumbags are brought to justice without reprieve or mercy.

However, with the borrowed instruments and everything we had an incredible night and we felt truly loved today by those around us. I (and the rest of the band) cannot thank God enough for finding ourselves in the community that highland games offer. We sustained a major blow this morning...the monetary value is well over $12,000 but the personal investment and love of what we lost is incalculable. The most important thing though is that we have sustained and that we will carry on.
    Again, thank you all so much for your prayers, concern, love and support. We truly love you all

He's a good kid. I'm so sorry that he had to have this lesson in the dark side of humanity.

Home town: Geneseo NY. College: John Carroll Univ. Cleveland OH.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll keep an eye on the web for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe someone did that at a highland games! Everywhere we play we keep someone posted with our gear. It kind of sucks, but better safe than sorry. I hope you filled out a police report, most states require that pawn shops hold incoming items so the cops can see if it's stolen. It all goes through some sort of registry. That's more than likely where the guitars will be headed. Keep an eye on the local craigslists, another possible place.

Winfield, MO (originally from NE Scotland)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep an eye on craigslist using search tempest too... Makes searching the whole US easier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast