Quote Originally Posted by M. A. C. Newsome View Post
That's actually a bit ironic, because when I opted to use white text on a black background (which was a feature of the previous version of the web site, as well), it was after reading various reviews of other web sites that specifically mentioned that white text on a black background was easier to read on a computer monitor. :-)
Sorry Matt,I'm with RAF, but I think those reviews that suggested dark backgrounds with light text were misleading. It's generally accepted that for accessability /visually impaired readers, that a dark backgorund makes reading much more difficult , and most advise is to go for a plain light background( not neccessarily white) with a good/reasionable contrast ( so not always black on white)
There is a nice article here:white text on a dark background but it does make a point about reading versus scannning.
There is a huge ammount of content on the site, and very interesting with a lot of information, so I'm not knocking what you have done, and obviously others like it, but I'm just questioning whether it would confirm to accessability protocols.