X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charleston, South Carolina

Anybody in Charleston? I'm going to be in the greater Charleston area on February 21 and 22 and probably the 23rd as well. Not sure if I'll be able to meet up, but I'm throwing this out there just in case.
    [I]When God created men, he made the intelligent ones kilted so women could tell just by looking.[/I]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Charleston, South Carolina

I plan on being in town during your visit and would love to meet for coffee or lunch. PM me your contact info and I'll give you a call. We can probably meet Kilted Rogue downtown for lunch as well.....
    Doug
    Clan Ogilvie; AF&AM/Scottish Rite/York Rite/Shriner; Charleston Scottish Society; Brotherhood of the Isle of Skye; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LEt me know whats going on, I would love to meet for a bite. I wont be kited, but I will be well dressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Catdad was in town from Phoenix and we had the opportunity to meet up today. We enjoyed a brief lunch that included a very enjoyable discussion about hockey, kilts, computers, cats, and a few other subjects.

Folks in Charleston aren't used to seeing two guys in kilts unless it is St. Patrick's Day or the Scottish Highland Games, so there were just a few looks in the restaurant. His kilt is American National and mine is Firefighter Memorial. He has hair, mine gave up and left quite some time ago.......

Always good to meet up with another kilted soul........especially on Ash Wednesday!

Doug

Doug
    Clan Ogilvie; AF&AM/Scottish Rite/York Rite/Shriner; Charleston Scottish Society; Brotherhood of the Isle of Skye; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is it you met....still shy of my kilt but with some proper influence and support could meet up sometime......once I make sure I have the proper accessories. Right now it would be doc martens, hose, kilt, tshirt, sporan and maybe belt. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock63 View Post
    where is it you met....still shy of my kilt but with some proper influence and support could meet up sometime......once I make sure I have the proper accessories. Right now it would be doc martens, hose, kilt, tshirt, sporan and maybe belt. LOL
    Brock that good enough! my first kilted outing i was in much the same minus a belt, sporran , hose. See it can always be worse. We dont have any hard and fast plans for a meet up any time soon, but If anyone is game for a pint and some conversation we can always toss the idea around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Rogue View Post
    Brock that good enough! my first kilted outing i was in much the same minus a belt, sporran , hose. See it can always be worse. We dont have any hard and fast plans for a meet up any time soon, but If anyone is game for a pint and some conversation we can always toss the idea around
    I'll most likely be back again next year around the same time. Watch for my post and hopefully there will be more of you that can join us (not that there was anything wrong with meeting just Doug).

Brock, as far as I'm concerned the only accessory you'd really need is a kilt. :-) We met at the Boulevard Diner and I must admit I'm glad I followed Doug's advice on the meal. It was awesome.
    Last edited by Catdad; 20th March 12 at 01:52 PM.
    [I]When God created men, he made the intelligent ones kilted so women could tell just by looking.[/I]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give me a yell sometime...i dont check the site daily but a PM or email works too.... thinking about trying my hand at the games at Boone Hall in Fall so trying to decide whether to commit or not...and then how hard to go...just enough to give it a try without hurting myself...or give it everything and put my other endeavors on back burner to see how good I could do as a 48 year old beginner with athletic background until few years ago. LOL

keep in touch...