X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Abertillery, South Wales

Scenic views from the memorial park.

[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A last look at the Guardian.

Old Railway bridge near the Guardian car park. It is hoped that this line will be reopened at some point.

Old chapel by the car park. This would have seen a lot of activity during the mining disaster back in 1960.

[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I packed the Quaich ready to send to its next destination (English Bloke in Preston) I thought I should photograph the gifts people have added to accompany it on its travels.

Firstly what I was adding - a Welsh flag and the daffodil I have worn every St Davids Day for the pat five years.

Items added previously.

More to follow.
    Last edited by McClef; 16th March 12 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More items.

And this shot shows the world famous Bicknell tartan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And finally a toast to the Quaich to send it on its way to Preston.

It was a pleasure and privilege to host it and I hope all others who shall host it in the future shall enjoy its visit.

Iechyd da a ddioch yn fawr am ymweld i Gymru cariad Quaich!

Hwyl Fawr!

Last edited by McClef; 17th March 12 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for hosting the Quaich, McClef......

Ahh, Penderyn (one of my favorite single malts)....

Wales is on my bucket list. My father's family (on the paternal side) reportedly moved from Wales to Barbados back in the late 1700's or early 1800's.....I've always thought it would be wonderful to be able to trace them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234