X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: OMG I have found it, the nectar of the gods!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mael Coluim
    I personally liked the previous bottle than the newer one. Probably an age thing; what we are use to we prefer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanachie
    Heartily agree Mael, I much prefer the older bottle. For me it has also ties to memories of holidays and special events in the life of family, friends and relatives over many years and some of those people have now passed on. Christmas evening, after a nice meal and everyone sitting around the living room.

I'm on board with this as well. I never understand why brands feel a need to "update" a classic look.

Agreed. I even have trouble finding it in my cupboard since I "think" I know what I'm looking for!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drambuie -one the vey few "Hard Spirts" I will drink. It was known as the favorites of Humprey Bogart, and at his favorte hanouts if someone was looking for him, they would check the bottle to see how full it was, instead of asking is any one had seen him.

Drink it neat, ice, a little water or what ever. Me, a sliced peach, double shot poured on the peach, shot of sweeted juice fron the can. Let it sit a bit, then get comfy and enjoy ( I was in Korea, bored, winter with wind chill -20, so experiments were in order)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the sweetness note. I am a beek (short for beekeeper) and anything honey is right up my alley. I really do need to make the acquaintance of a scots apiarist and see if a trade for heather honey could be made. I have or can get the lasses to get tulip poplar (my favorite), sourwood, gallberry, titi or saw palmetto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother, God rest her, enjoyed either a Manhattan or a Rusty Nail almost every day of her adult life. (I think it was partially because she raised 8 children.) But she lived to the ripe age of 95 so I think there was something to it.
    President, Clan Buchanan Society International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon57 View Post
    It's not available here in the States, but Glenfiddich makes a similar product that I think is even better. Admittedly, my last sampling was at the distillery while vacationing, so my judgement could be clouded. It was also not the first stop on the whisky tour, so that might also be a factor. According to the representative from Grant & Sons that was hosting the tasting I attended at the KC Games and Gathering, there are also no plans to import it either. I guess a side by side comparison will have to wait until my next trip to Scotland.
    It is most definitely available here in the states! I was a bartender from 2008-10 and that was one of the bottles that the boss always required to be on hand, along with Patron, Pyrat, Glenfiddich, Lophraig, Beefeater, Grey Goose, and Skyy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artificer View Post
    I love the taste of Drambuie, but it's very, very sweet, so a little goes a long way for me. If I'm having a Rusty Nail it's usually made closer to 3/4 Whisky and 1/4 Drambuie.

Please note that this is NEVER with a single malt, but a decent blend.

ith:
    I am glad you added the rider Artificer, otherwise I would have concluded that this "evil" tartan that you have created, had completely taken control
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiltedinkansas View Post
    It is most definitely available here in the states! I was a bartender from 2008-10 and that was one of the bottles that the boss always required to be on hand, along with Patron, Pyrat, Glenfiddich, Lophraig, Beefeater, Grey Goose, and Skyy.
    What was it called?

Back to the drambuie. I must admit I never have tried it. The responses from everyone really makes me want to try it. How is it pronounced? Dram-boo-E ?
    Let YOUR utterance be always with graciousness, seasoned with salt, so as to know how you ought to give an answer to each one.
    Colossians 4:6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My recipe for a Rob Roy is 1-1/2 parts blended whisky, 1/2 part sweet vermouth, and a dash of angostura bitters...shaken

Pennsyl-tuckey-vill-burg-town (aka central Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: OMG I have found it, the nectar of the gods!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowher View Post
    How is it pronounced? Dram-boo-E ?
    Correct. I usually prefer to cut it with a shot of scotch (Famous Grouse mixes best in my opinion) or drink with crushed ice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Kilt View Post
    I am glad you added the rider Artificer, otherwise I would have concluded that this "evil" tartan that you have created, had completely taken control
    Don't worry Downunder Kilt: no horrors, however mind-obliterating they may be, would make me mix a single malt with anything.

ith:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast