X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 183 of 194 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1934
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another kilted Friday to finish a week of online learning before heading back to the classroom on Monday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220114_084714~2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	41187

Shane

2. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to gsmacleod For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it wasn't Friday, but Sunday brought the opportunity to skate on a frozen lake in our Sierra Nevada mountains.

It started out about 17ºF, and warmed up to maybe 32ºF before we left. As long as I keep moving, I was plenty comfortable in my 8-yard kilt and LL Bean wooly-pully look-alike.

4. The Following 13 Users say 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been far too long since I’ve posted for a KFA, and indeed I’ve not worn it much for almost 2yrs, excepting those few more formal occasions where it serves as an unofficial uniform of sorts. But today, being Robbie Burns, I’m in the MacDonald (Ranald), with my hand made sporran, jumper, shirt&tie.

OK, its not Friday..

Stay well, all

6. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to Taskr For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Year

A bit late now, but taken on Friday 31st. I meant to post this at the time, but obviously got preoccupied filling up the glass! Anyway I hope everyone's 2022 turns out better than 2021.

If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

8. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to tpa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilted fri(tues)days adventures

So this was Tuesday, Burn Night of course, but it is almost Friday (US CST) as I post this so hopefully it still sort of counts.
    This was my first Burns Supper. It was hosted by Celtic Crossing Irish Pub in Memphis, Tn. There was haggis, whisky, plenty of Burns poetry, and even a few kilts. Music wonderfully provided by the Memphis Pipe Band. The food was an amazing three course meal with a dram of 15 yr old scotch included . The owner of the pub, a gentleman from Co. Mayo played host. The Selkirk Grace in an Irish accent is interesting. The menu is posted below.

I tried to make do with what I had. A USAK casual kilt in Scottish National tartan. Lovat blue hose, red flashes, staghorn kilt pin, and brown day sporran also from USAK. The Grey vest/waistcoat is from the American department store Dillards. The tattersall shirt is from Brooks Brothers and the watch fob is a genuine antique from the Amazon.com Antique Shop. Not shown is the pocket watch with Mickey Mouse hands. Sgian Duh is from the Scottish Tartan Museum bought 20 years ago. Boots from Thursday Boot Company. Sorry, the photo quality is so poor. Also, I swear I am not that much of an egg shape. I promise.

I usually avoid having my picture taken, and I now am reminded why. Any and all weight loss tips are much appreciated.
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

10. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    There was haggis, whisky, plenty of Burns poetry, and even a few kilts. Music wonderfully provided by the Memphis Pipe Band. The food was an amazing three course meal with a dram of 15 yr old scotch included . The owner of the pub, a gentleman from Co. Mayo played host. The Selkirk Grace in an Irish accent is interesting. The menu is posted below.I usually avoid having my picture taken, and I now am reminded why. Any and all weight loss tips are much appreciated.
    Looks like a great event. The menu looks very tempting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltedjohn View Post
    The menu looks very tempting!
    Amazing to UK eyes that there is no vegetarian option!

Alan

13. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to neloon For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new kilt arrived

I spent Friday, Sat. & Sunday in my new bespoked kilt by Barb Tewksbury, tartan woven special, with the help and guidance of Peter MacDonald.

This is the MacLeod Ancient Red tartan.

Trying it on with a few tweeds and things.

I love this kilt, Special thanks to Barb and Peter for all your efforts and guidance.

As a follow up... I have been working on a white tie highland outfit myself. Peter MacDonald has a wonderful picture of one he has put together in another post here.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...iquette-97730/

Here too, is my personal take on white tie.

Last edited by Shinenotburn; 28th February 22 at 02:56 PM. Reason: adding new photos

15. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to Shinenotburn For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the kick-off meeting for the new season with Sandberg (the tour company I do Scotland tours for) on Friday.

As most of the guides haven't actually seen me a kilt - although I do wear on the tours - I decided to throw on a kilt, but didn't go the whole hog. It has also become a bit of a tradition that I will introduce a whisky at these events - this time I took a bottle of Bunnahabhain Stiùireadair - an easily quaffable Islay malt.

The quaich also goes with me on our tours.

Actually this was the 2nd time kilted this week - I was asked to do a lesson at the local school in Estonia. They are studying about Scotland in their English classes - so we spoke about highland dress (it's actually in one of the modules) and a little about the clans ands history with a bit of a Q&A.

It also gave me the chance to try out a new vest.

There is also an odd connection as the school house (a former C18th Manor House) was build by Gustav Otto Douglas the former governor of Finland and Estonia for Peter the Great - he was the grandson of Robert Douglas (the grandson of William Douglas of Whittingehame) a Scottish Mercenary who fought for the king of Sweden.

Last edited by Tomo; 20th February 22 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fabulous Friday Adventure, Tomo!

Page 183 of 194 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast