X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMillan's son View Post
    Thanks Walkerk for the photos, you and Madeline captured most of the photos very nicely. We find that at these events we all get a lot of duplicate photos as we pass the cameras around for the group shots. Here's one more of the kilted crusaders:

And a parting shot of the final four:

It was a wonderful time, and was really great to have the opportunity to meet Forrester modern ( Jeff ) and his family.

On to Woodland, let the game season begin!!
    I really like your jacket, I don't like things that are overly ubiquitous and it stands out as unique.
    And the closer pics provide a wonderful view of the pattern and colors. Very nicely put together

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was great meeting everybody, really great. Caroll and I could hardly believe that 3+ hours passed during the gathering, but time does fly when you are having fun.

Okay, with pics to help I will try to rattle off the names I remember, knowing I may forget one or two. Kent (aka Walkerk) and Madeline, Phil (aka Sailortats), Mike (oops forgot handle), Brooke (aka MacMillans son) and Connie, Alan (aka Alan H), Jamie (aka Panache) and Star (aka the F-HCAG) with Tristan and Dale (great kids who entertained Carter with endless patience and interest), me(akaForresterModern) with Caroll (aka Wife) and Carter (aka The Boy). Now I know I forgot somebody, by no means intentionally as our conversations were certainly memorable, so apologize hereby for my memory lapse (early onset dementia is a terrible thing).

Again thanks to all for the wonderful time and hospitality and for posting pics after I left my camera in the hotel room. A day that will long live on in our memories.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a great gathering! Sorry I missed out. As I mentioned to some of you at Ardenwood, I was on kid duty and driving all over Contra Costa and Alameda county to coach baseball and softball games. Next time for sure!

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanachie View Post
    I really like your jacket, I don't like things that are overly ubiquitous and it stands out as unique.
    And the closer pics provide a wonderful view of the pattern and colors. Very nicely put together
    Thanks Seanachie! I really like it too.

One of the things that surprised me about the photos taken at games held in the Highlands is the often common denominator of the jacket colors. I assumed that there would be much greater diversity in the land of Harris tweed. Not a criticism of course, just a surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar Taste

Quote Originally Posted by MacMillan's son View Post
    Thanks Seanachie! I really like it too.

One of the things that surprised me about the photos taken at games held in the Highlands is the often common denominator of the jacket colors. I assumed that there would be much greater diversity in the land of Harris tweed. Not a criticism of course, just a surprise.
    Well Brooke from other discussions and posting you have made I think our tastes are not dissimilar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    New hat? Well....anything for my friend Jock......

Forget the gold...I just want his fez.

Last edited by McElmurry; 18th April 12 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got my pics from the NorCal Rabble Kilt Gathering this past Sunday downloaded from my iPhone (forgot my good camera in the rush to get out of the room).

A similar picture of the kilted rabble:

The ladies of the NorCal Rabble:

The Final Four:

I am not sure why my bonnet is pulled the wrong direction---blame it on the wind.

The Final Four and the kids acting .... well, like kids:

I had the pleasure of admiring the attire of all the kilties who attended, as all were nattily dressed for the event. Great looking kilts, jackets, sporrans, hose, and other accoutrements. We all had a great time and were very happy so many NorCal Rabble folks could be there to host us in San Francisco. Thanks again all.

jeff, caroll and carter

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McElmurry View Post
    Forget the gold...I just want his fez.

So I take it I must now watch this "Kelly's Heroes" movie? Is it actually a good film or only worthy of note for Donald Sutherland's whiskers?

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    So I take it I must now watch this "Kelly's Heroes" movie? Is it actually a good film or only worthy of note for Donald Sutherland's whiskers?

Cheers

Jamie
    It has been a long time but I would say it is quirky with an interesting ensemble cast. The plot is not edge of the seat and I wouldn't put it in the same league as the Sting. More like the Dirty Dozen or the Guns of Naverone. These three movies get about the same score on IMdb. If you like the cast you will probably enjoy seeing them in this movie.
    Last edited by McElmurry; 18th April 12 at 09:01 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345