X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Winfield, MO (originally from NE Scotland)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO Tartan day 2012

Anyone heading to St Charles this year? Anyone have anything else planned?

Mickey is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MO Tartan day 2012

Will definitely be there, probably Saturday, to do some shopping and standard Main St. shopping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shed some light on some details so I might join in.?
    "Greater understanding properly leads to an increasing sense of responsibility, and not to arrogance."

Winfield, MO (originally from NE Scotland)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings,

YES!!! My wife and I WILL be there. It is always a grand time at Frontier Park in beautiful and historic, downtown St. Charles, Missouri. The event is free to the public and the vendors are absolutely spot on! I have been attending this event for many years, know the organisers well, and have always left extremely satisfied with the festival of events - I tend to think it is a far better venue than the St. Louis Scottish Games in Forest Park held in October - I can say that, as I am no longer a member of the board of the Greater St. Louis St. Andrews Society (it has been several years since I held that official post)!

It appears the band Mothergrove will be returning again this year, and they are always a real treat - a very entertaining, top-notch Celtic rock band - they always get the crowds in the Guiness tent going! My good mate and piper, P/M Matt Pantaleoni and P/M Chris Apps (both Bratach Gorm competitors) usually judge the solo-piping events, as well as pipe themselves with several of the pipe bands that make it out every year. My other good mate and owner of The Scottish Arms pub in St. Louis, Alastair 'Ally' Nisbet is usually their with his staff, cooking up a nice variety of Scottish inspired/traditional Scottish dishes.

It is indeed a superb time at Missouri Tartan Day - especially when the sun is shining! And there is also historic downtown St. Charles just a quick stroll away; with all kinds of quaint stores, eateries, antique shops, Lywellen's Pub (a fun place for a proper pint or dram and good food - typically after the sun goes down - though there is always a wee bit of a ceilidh with Mothergrove at the Guiness Tent Saturday evening), Thistle and Clover (a shop where they sell Highland attire, amongst other items), etc, etc.

My lovely wife and I will be there all day on Saturday, Saturday evening, and Sunday. We hope to see you all there!

My bonnie lass, Stephanie and I at MO Tartan Day 2010.

Walking with the small amount of other Macphersons present - my aunt Catriona and her dog, Seaumas Ban, and a couple of other chaps - during the 12 noon parade of clans through historic downtown St. Charles on Saturday (they do this every year), MO Tartan Day 2010.

My good mate and professional piper, P/M Matt Pantaleoni and I, MO Tartan Day 2009.

Slainte mhath,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 8th March 12 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who's all planning to attend? We should arrange a meet and greet and have a proper 'Xmarkers' photo taken!

Cheers,

Mickey is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will be there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My better half and I will be there on Friday and plan to get permission to stay in the parking lot next to the venue with our travel trailer as we did last year. We may leave on Saturday afternoon when Mother Grove finishes their set. An excellent group I might add. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Larry Dirr, Indiana Commissioner for Clan Maclaine of Lochbuie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw02 View Post
    My better half and I will be there on Friday and plan to get permission to stay in the parking lot next to the venue with our travel trailer as we did last year. We may leave on Saturday afternoon when Mother Grove finishes their set. An excellent group I might add. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Larry Dirr, Indiana Commissioner for Clan Maclaine of Lochbuie
    Wonderful! You may leave Saturday afternoon? That's when things are just getting started, mate!

Cheers,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 11th March 12 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creagdhubh,

We may stay Saturday night and leave on Sunday morning. We're headed to Paducah on Sunday. We had a great time last year; the MO folks were friendly and the food was excellant. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast