X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: New hose

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New hose

I ordered a pair of Glenbeg Kilt Hose in the Burgundy color, I must say they are fantastic. The color on the website is very red and in real life they are a much deeper color. I was hoping the website color was a little bright when I ordered them. Wow they are beautiful and long with a very nice fold over length. Also once again I must say fantastic customer service. My wife just loves the fact that something is sent one day from Edinburgh to Reno, Nevada USA. I didn't even request Fedex just the regular mail but they came Fedex anyway. Hats off and a BIG thumbs up to the Buyakilt.com team.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, I have bought items from them several times and their service is always excellent and extremely fast. I don't know how they do it.
    proud U.S. Navy vet

Creag ab Sgairbh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wish that online retailers would learn to color adjust their photographs. I've rarely bought something online that us the same color as the photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Richrail - Great to hear and thanks for letting us know we're doing a good job.

I'll look into the colouring on the swatch photo for those hose as we like to make sure they're as close to real life as possible.

@sailortats - ;-) Must be our secret sauce!

@Llama - As an online shopper as well, I feel your pain! Unfortunately colours on computers seem to be not quite as simple as they should be. Even if it looks perfect on a properly calibrated monitor, it can be quite different on a different type of monitor that's calibrated differently. However, we'll definitely check out those hose and make sure the image is as close as possible.
    Fergus Macdonald from Kilt Society™.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buyakilt.com = Amazing on my fith Kilt from then now and brilliant sevice and delivery to Spain. Thank you guys
    The Earth Doesnt belong to us, We belong to the Earth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI We've now updated the colour swatch for the Burgundy option on our Glenbeg hose: http://buyakilt.com/glenbeg-kilt-hose-8-colours

Thanks for letting us know it was too light. :-)
    Fergus Macdonald from Kilt Society™.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very nice color match now.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin