X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Economy Wool Blackwatch bargin here pronto

Just a thanks to the fine folks at Stillwater Kilts. Many of you have bought from them with great service and products, I have too. Came home today to my Stillwater Kilts Economy wool Blackwatch kilt. I ordered it Saturday in hopes of it arriving before I went to Colorado this next week to hike and camp. Ive two Elkommando kilts Ill take but wanted something I could wear around Colorado Springs, wear hiking and wear near a camp fire without fear of going up in nylon flames. Two photos are below of the kilt after my initial try on and basting stitch removal. It feels like a lighter weight wool, though Jerry Stillwater wrote and said it is the same wool in his more expensive wool kilts. This kilt will be great for Mid Missouri's hot muggy summers, that is also why I bought it. It fits well and hangs nicely. It is pleated to stripe, my first kilt with that pleating, and I like it. So the big review will come in about a week, with photos, after my 4 days camping with my girlfriend Jennifer. Again many many thanks to the Stillwater folks for such prompt service of a quality for price item. Oh and the funny thing is the kilt arrived today along with the the "Item has been shipped to you" email. That is fast service.

Front shot showing good length with it worn properly at kilt waist.

Side shot of pleats, pleated to stripe.

Im looking forward to this to be my "Jeans of kilts" that I can wear easily anytime, especially in Missouri summers.
    Last edited by brewerpaul; 21st March 12 at 03:23 PM.
    "Greater understanding properly leads to an increasing sense of responsibility, and not to arrogance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that as soon as you look at a kilt at SWK, Jerry, through some Jedi mind trick, figures out what size you need and your address ... Then he ships it knowing you will later buy it!

I've been eyeing that particular kilt, but I have to have them shortened at the seamstress. Now that I've seen it, I might have to revisit it... It's probably already in the mail and I haven't even decided yet!

... Line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very good looking kilt. And, it looks good on you, too. Everything blends well with it, especially the gray shirt and hose. I'll look forward to your post-camping pics.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

Mickey is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of his heavyweight wools, and it is very comfy here in the summer. You will enjoy it in these parts! It looks great btw. I'm itching at grabbing one of those myself as I like how that looks to the stripe but I already have a wool BW.

I'm not certain, but I think I have stuff from Jerry that I didn't pay for.. just thought of ordering things and they showed up the next morning at daybreak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the strength of this thread and others reviews as well, I just ordered a heavyweight blackwatch from Stillwater today.
    Looking forward to recieving it! It would appear from what I've read here on Xmarks, that the "jonesing" period is a matter of mere days.
    "Fide et Fortitudine"
    (fidelity & fortitude)
    ALBA GU BRAW!!!!!