X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to seeing its continued adventures.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today the Quaich went to Prestonpans and then on to Tranent where it was handed over to Sir William with whom it will continue on the next stage of its travels.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, but... what strange type of Kilt is that adorning Sir William? It is so long and has but two pleats... and very deep ones at that.

Looking forward to more adventures. Cummon, 'urry up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Pics! I love your location.
    KD

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, okay, just to keep EB from blowing a fuse!

I met up with "Sir William" last Sunday evening and had a most enjoyable couple of hours chatting about this and that, we were both kilted by the way and the Quaich was handed over for my safe keeping and a fairly swift posting on to the next destination.

I have just talked to "Sir William" who has his hands full at the moment so is unable, for the time being, to post pictures so you will have to wait for those.

Sadly Jock and family have been struck down with a Flu type thing and has laid us low for the week. Anyway I crawled out this morning and got a picture for the record. So now the Quaich and goodies are packed up and ready for posting on Monday, I hope, but it depends on how much steam we can raise by then!

The Quaich at the Commando Monument at Spean Bridge.

" Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew!! I was worried I'd inadvertently click on "Donald where's yer troosers dot com". I'm relieved to say the least. Sorry to hear you and yours are unwell Jock. The Quaich had the same effect on my household... And Trefor's. I did wash it thoroughly before passing it on I promise. Hope you are all better soon. Great picture of the Spean Bridge Monument by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news Jock that the Quaich is enjoying a visit to the Scottish Highlands.
    Wishing you and yours a speedy recovery.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on they way!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos there! I love all the amazing hose on display!

By the way, how do locals pronounce "Cheviot"? In my ignorance I've been pronouncing it like a French word (which it looks like) "shev-ee-oh" but I've heard people say "chee-vee-utt".

We here have names that look a bit like Cheviot like Chevrolet and Chevron which we pronounce more or less like the French words.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 25th April 12 at 04:59 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chee-vee-utt, some would say che-vee-utt, as in the breed of sheep.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 25th April 12 at 05:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12