X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone out and about kilted for April 6th?

Just checking on the NC brethren ... Was out kilted at Crabtree mall with SWMBO tonight... She's looking for an anniversary ring.

I know we'll be out and about in Durham, so I'll be sporting the tank. Anyone else doing anything exciting?

... Linedrive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, did anyone go out kilted yesterday? The wife and I had a mini "Durham appreciation" day. Started off at Rue Cleur for beignets, then spent some money at some local shops, then Kings sandwich shop and then finally Bull Macabes for a pint.

No one else kilted (surprise). Anyone from the rabble out in the triangle go out?
    ... Linedrive
    Last edited by linedrive; 7th April 12 at 03:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was off work so ran errands kilted all day. That evening up to the The Pub - Polaris in Columbus, OH, for Tartan Day. Ended the day over at another location listening to a band. Got a lot of attention from the ladies at the second place. There were only two of us in kilts so that got some attention.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had been in the Triangle area (my daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters live near Cary, I would have been out kilted. But I wasn't there yesterday.
    I was at Crabtree Mall kilted the day after Christmas last year, didn't see anyone else kilted.
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to work kilted but no picture so I guess I really didn't

Cowichan Valley 48 39' 1" N 123 34' 54" W
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lass & I went to Tartan Day Victoria.
    The day dint start out too well. As I was buttoning my waistcoat 1 of the buttons broke. That was somewhat depressin.
    I wore my MacLean hunting hunting kilt with a medium gray shirt, MacLean of Duart weathered tie & topped with a black argyll jacket. With that I wore claret hose & black garter ties. To finsh the look I added white rabbit fur sporran, skein dubn & X Mark kilt pin (sanx to Steve). The Lass was similarly attired with (what I believe) a Mackenzie dress mini skirt,red sweater & bottle green knee length hose.
    As we walked from Capitol Iron toward Market Square what do I see walkin toward me but an older gentleman wearin trews, waistcoat & tie al in MacLean of Duart modern. He perked up immediately & asked if I was a MacLean. We complimented each other of the clothing choices.
    We walked through the market for a bit, slipped some skin & bit of a chin wag with Cousin Steve of Freedom Kilts & made out way to a late luch at the Sticky Wicket.
    As the waitress seated us to our table she complimented us on our lovely kilts.
    Another great kilted day. More so that I met a MacLean cousin, shook hands again with a X Mark Cousin & the Lass got her first kilt compliment.

Craig

Sandia Park, NM, USA (near Albuquerque, NM)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to work kilted. Well received -- but then they're getting to know me
    Went to lunch at Two Fool's Tavern -- very nice. Met up with a group of kilties who regularly get together for kilted outings - but I had not known they had planned to this day (I had met one member the year earlier (July 1 - Repeal of Proscription) but had not been able to make any gatherings).
    For the evening, took the wife and son to O'Neill's Pub. They had hired a piper but we were too late to hear him play. There was only one other kilted gentleman there (other than me and the piper). He was very well turned out indeed. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name.
    That was it - a very nice time was had by all
    Rob.
    Rev. Rob, Clan MacMillan, NM, USA
    CCXX, CCXXI - Quidquid necesse est.
    If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all. (Thumperian Principle)