X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a good man, Alan.
    Kilted Teacher and Wilderness Ranger and proud member of Clan Donald, USA
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.
    New home of Sierra Nevada AND New Belgium breweries!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call her dude! Unless you're married or something obviously (or she has a face like a highland cow).
    What have you got to lose?
    "Fide et Fortitudine"
    (fidelity & fortitude)
    ALBA GU BRAW!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll come out wi' it. Aye, it happens more often than you might think.

I have this friend, a former student in my dojo when she was 18. . .Which is the MINIMUM age of students I'll accept.

She was only there a few weeks, as psycho-boyfriend and academic problems drew her away. Happens. And I have a real-world day job and don't teach for a living, so no biggie.

Yet she stayed in touch. Emailing questions about styles and approaches. Texting just to say hi. Texting and sometimes calling about issues with lovers and asking for advice or assistance. (What do you MEAN he thinks your inexperience is perfect for him to be able to "train" you? He wants to do WHAT?!? I'm loading my Rule 11s. . .)

She managed to unarse that one just by letting him know she's my friend. I'm a protector by nature anyway, but there's something about her. . .

We've seen each other occasionally and very briefly, the odd Highland Games and such, or dinner somewhere. All perfectly proper.

So okay, now she's 23 and in college in San Diego, and was back up here recently. (Even MORE smokin' hot, if that's possible.) before she went back south, I took her out to a champagne brunch at a swank hotel near the airport. She commented that she "loves it that I'm always rockin' a kilt". We had a great catch-up chat, she telling me about her recent adventures in Morocco and me talking about the training I'd just been through in Japan.

Walked her back to the parking structure; her car happened to be near mine. The usual big hug goodbye.

But more noticeably form-fitting.

Then she looked up at me, and kissed me.

And it was SO not a peck on the cheek.

She smiled, and said, "You weren't expecting that, were you?".

Och, aye, such is the Power of The Kilt.
    "It's all the same to me, war or peace,
    I'm killed in the war or hung during peace."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, guys, I'm NOT shy. But y'all might check out what sydnie7 wrote, back there. I've been married for years, and a mess of X Markers have met the "luminous Joan". Besides, if I WASN'T hitched, I already know who I'd be hitting up for a date ...
    Last edited by Alan H; 11th April 12 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Guys, guys, I'm NOT shy. But y'all might check out what sydnie7 wrote, back there. I've been married for years, and a mess of X Markers have met the "luminous Joan". Besides, if I WASN'T hitched, I already know who I'd be hitting up for a date ...
    Then not calling her for a date would be the wise thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely caught that.

But I had to brag anyway.

Just got off the phone after an hour's talk with a 29-year-old lass from Egypt -- a Copt, no Arabic ancestry -- I've known for a while now, who rang me up.

Och, weel, I think I'll nae need heavy tweeds after I dee; I'm sure I'm bound fer a verra warm and southerly place.
    "It's all the same to me, war or peace,
    I'm killed in the war or hung during peace."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan, think about it, the post office, her mom present.....she gave you her number hoping for a more private opportunity to perform a more proper and thorough kilt check, obviously. After that, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides, if I WASN'T hitched, I already know who I'd be hitting up for a date ...
    Wow. I--I don't know how to respond...I'm definitely flattered, maybe a little intrigued.

The long-distance stuff never works, though. I know who'd be an acceptable 2nd choice...I think she lives out that way.
    Mister McGoo

A Kilted Lebowski--Taking it easy so you don't have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curse of the kilt The burdens we have to face Just gotta man up to them and do our duty.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take-home lesson: Even 50 year old bald guys look hott in a kilt. That, or maybe she thought I was really wealthy because I was sending off fat envelopes to the IRS. Silly woman!

Imagine what it must be like for trim 25 year old guys with hair!

BTW, nothing quite like this has ever happened before. I've gotten smiles, lots of them. I've even gotten a few winks. I"ve had many a pleasant, short conversation. Once at a Nor Cal Rabble get-together at the Devils Canyon Brewery I got a very open "come-on" look that lasted quite a while from a rather inebriated patron. But a phone number? Never. The whole thing seems very surreal to me. Truth.
    Nah, if she thought you were really wealthy, your CPA would be e-filing your returns for you.

Surprised this is your first digit-hit on!
    Alan's charismatic and looks like Wiliam Hurt, plus a kilt? That's like ladykiller dynamite.
    Heck if I wasn't married to Mr. Plaid, who owns a lot of shotguns, I'd give Alan the ol' Tribiani "How you doin'?"
    ...and I'm almost 20 years younger.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast