X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Kilt Drunk" Again...

If kilts were booze I'd be dead by now.

How can I not buy another kilt when its from Rocky and its ON SALE!!??

So I just signed up for a 5 yard 16 ounce wool Scott Green Weathered fom Marton Mills.

I tell myself this will be the 75th kilt I've bought. The 40th Kilt in my current array. I don't "need" another kilt....

But dang...that's my maternal grandmother's clan and I only have one Scott tartan kilt....gotta have some variety....really.

I can afford it...so why not "drink it up?"

Does it ever end????

Will I be powerless every time someone offers a kilt in a tartan I just "have" to have???

And then there's that British Tan leather kilt from RKilts lurking in the back of my mind....waiting to ambush me - angry that this 5 yarder slipped in front of it on the wish list....

At least alcoholism kills us....this kilt addiction lingers painfully until the natural end....

My "kilt tolerance" has become so high I hardly even jones anymore..."It'll get here..."

Why is it I can read a post that says you wouldn't wear a kilt to a Hawaiian luau and suddenly get it into my mind that "yes I can" and start thinking about ordering up a kilt in the Hawaiian tartan in case I ever get invited to a luau???

My Viking ancestors used to sleep under a pile of furs. Maybe I should sleep under a pile of kilts....soak it up...wallow in the addiction....
    Last edited by Riverkilt; 14th April 12 at 09:18 AM.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."