X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BSE Reel Club - 18th April 2012 Dance

We had a week off last week as the floor needed sanding or some such. This week was a bit bitty - we kept losing people as there were committee meetings happening at the same time. In spite of all that, here is our second dance of the evening.

SETON'S CEILIDH BAND (J4x64) 4C set B Fordyce Morison's Bush Coll
    1- 8 1s cross RH & cast 1 place, lead down between 3s & cast behind 4s
    9-16 1s dance reflection reels of 3 on opposite sides beginning by dancing up between 4s
    17-24 1s cross RH & cast up 1 place, lead up between 3s & cast up behind 2s
    25-32 1s dance reels of 3 on own sides beginning by dancing down between 2s
    33-40 1s cross RH & cast down 1 place to give RH to partner & LH to 1st corners, Balance-in-Line & turn partner RH to give LH to 2nd corners
    41-48 Balance-in-Line & 1s dance out & cast down behind 3s, lead up to top crossing to 1st place own sides
    49-60 1L+2L & 1M+2M change places RH on sides & 2s+1s cross over LH, repeat with 3s & 4s until reaching the bottom of the set
    61-64 All turn RH 1½ times

The music is The Sounds of Iona

Click on picture for video.

Regards

Chas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are re-activating SCD at our Scottish Society @ Fredericksburg, VA,(USA). Thanks, Chas for posting this as it looks fun and something even clumsy me may be able to do!

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat dance Chas. I especially like the moves on bars 49 to 60' sort of a rights and lefts chain. Thanks for the video

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What fun! Chas thank you SO much for this one which makes me regret so very much that I am unable to dance a step thesedays (after a lifetime of doing so). Nevertheless, a great deal of satisfaction can be had from watching others enjoying themselves in this way, even if someone loses the thread part way through - but that can be part of the fun too, as there are usually plenty of others who will willingly point the poor soul in the right direction.

Your video has quite made my day.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/