X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Bakersfield HG

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bakersfield HG

The operative word was HOT. Wow. The forecast said 95, but I'm pretty sure it was over 100 on the field. I got to see all my So. Cal. throwing friends and spent lunch and post-Games beer-time with GGGP. AND I stuck a new PR in sheaf. woohoo.

Braemar Stone ... 27' 4.5" nice! very happy with this. The whole series was good, all three throws 26+
    Open Stone ... 29' 9.5 ...*Wretched* ... forget gliding. I'm going back to KISS for Woodland.
    LWFD ... took me a while to settle down my first turn, 47' 2.5 .. that's acceptable.
    HWFD ...31' 10.5 .. also took me a while to get settled, I fouled the first two throws, but my last one and two of my extras were over 31, so that's good.
    Heavy Hammer ... 64' 9" ... that's fine.
    Light hammer... my three competition throws were awful, mid 70's. After Andrew Wooster gave me some suggestions, I just decided to relax and do what I know how to do for my extras, and pow...81, 83, 84 on my three extra throws. ... 84' 0"
    WOB ... I continue in the EXACT same place I've been for two years with this event. I blow it over 12 like it's nobody's business, but 13 is dicey. I didn't get it this time.
    Sheaf ... PR here. I'm on a serious roll in sheaf. I cleared 25, hit the bar with the middle of the bag twice at 26. 4 more inches and I have 26, and that's getting up into the Big Lads country.
    Caber ...turned one of the 16 foot, 70 pound SAAA pencils 3x: 12:00, 11:30, 10:30

----------------

GGGP had a good day, too. Her marks are up a little bit, she's starting to two-spin in the LWFD (she's FAST!) and she stuck a huge 20% increase in her light hammer. BIG PR for her at 44' 6". She also finished first in what was the defacto womens B class on the field in caber, with a 70 degree pull on a pretty big and cranky caber. All up, GGGP finished 2nd in Womens B, NICE JOB, GGGP!
    Last edited by Alan H; 22nd April 12 at 01:51 PM.