X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about that, MacLowlife, however, a couple of years back, I realized I needed to replace a navy blue suit; I prefer navy blue suits regardless of what is or is not in style. So, I went to one of the Good Will type stores, secondhand stuff, and picked out a well-fitting, single-breasted, navy blue suit, and yes it had the antiqued brass buttons, but I like those. I didn't even consider the lapel width or any of that, I just put it on, asked a few people if it looked all right. Later on, I found a well-fitting, double breasted suit jacket that was the same shade as the suit, having gold-ish buttons. I figured this would be a step up in formality for the same suit without getting a whole new one, and I might also be able to wear a bow tie with it as well. I suppose I would do something like this with highland attire, if it were floating around at secondhand stores.

* I did check to see if the fabric was wool, so maybe I'm not a complete slob.
    Last edited by Bugbear; 10th May 12 at 03:51 PM.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123