I have been an occasional kilt wearer for a number of years now and have "converted" quite a few friends and work associates into doing the same. In the past, we have worn our kilts for special events and social occasions (Warrior Dash, parties, St Patrick’s Day, etc). Recently we have discussed starting a kilt night, in an effort to be more public in our kilt wearing, and to produce a few new converts, or to bring some of our closet-kilted brethren out into the public.

So, this may sound like a silly question, but what is the best way to get a kilt night started? I live in the Des Moines metro area and to my knowledge there are no organized kilt nights in the area. So how do we go about getting this going? We know that we want to pick a set day of the month, say, the 2nd Wednesday. But do we just pick a pub and a date and then show up or should we discuss it with the pub owner first? We all have agreed that choosing a "kilt friendly" establishment, such as an Irish or Celtic themed pub would be the best, but then what?

I would welcome ANY input, positive or negative, especially from anyone who began a kilt night where there once was none.

Slainte!

Tim B