X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brave and the BC Highland Games

Brave releases on Friday June 22nd.

The BC Highland Games is on Saturday June 23rd.

Coincidence? [duh-duh-DUH] I think not! (Well... yes, I guess it is, really.)

I'm hoping to take the family to Brave at the Colossus in Langley, then hit the Games in Coquitlam on Saturday.
    Anyone else planning to do a kilted double-header?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I hope to make it to the BC games - depends upon work schedule; "should" be working friday & off on saturday
    waulk softly and carry a big schtick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booked Friday June 22nd off from work, so we'll be going to an early show of Brave. (Hopefully the theatre won't be full of little Celtic princesses...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked with the Colossus Langley Cinemas website and the first showing (non-3D) we are going to try for is at 12 noon.

Port Moody, BC, just up in those trees there.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to go to the games, but I'm working Saturday. Might try to see Brave Saturday night after giving the dog some exercise.

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can be found in the afternoon in the SFU Scottish Culture tent doing my turn and then, hopefully, in the beer tent with some of you lot.

Rex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brave was great; and the main part of the story was not given away by the trailers. The missus and I both thought it got very happily dusty in the theatre at the end. Pixar retains its gift for story-telling. Wore my Auld Scotland kilt, and was the only kilt in sight, except for on the screen...

Cloudy and showers for the BCHG tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I missed you guys at the games but had to work night shift on Friday. I did manage to get to see BRAVE this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wore (trads be warned) my SWK saffron kilt and plaid with a petrified wood brooch holding the plaid, a burgundy "highland shirt" and my Oconee 3" leather belt. A number of women remarked at how good I looked but the best comment was a young boy who on seeing me leaving the theatre said to his mom "That man looks like Fergus!"
    Gentleman of Substance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a very nice morning at the Games and left at noon, so I missed the thunder-showers for the closing ceremonies.

Picked up a new Crawford clan badge for my second-hand balmoral from the Celtic Studio booth. I'd previously seen it on Etsy, and since they are local I asked if I could pick it up at the Games.

The owner recognized my tartan and knew why I was there before I could even ask.
    They make their own pewter badges, and I am very happy with their design; the stag's head actually looks like a deer (and not like Bullwinkle the Moose on a 'bad antler' day.)

Just as I walking to the gate to leave, I was approached by a smiling young lady with a microphone and a cameraman, who asked if I would like to be interviewed for the evening news, I politely declined; a minor crisis of confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I missed the games this year. I had to work.

Took the family to see Brave this afternoon. It was a bit too much action in parts for the 4 year old, but it was an awesome story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast